I have been using the Eco Flo dyes mostly because that is what the Tandy near me carries. They have spirit dyes but very very few. I notice that when I make big things like bags or armor that it is fine, but when I do something that is worn and bent a lot like a belt that you can actually almost see the natural leather coming thru where it is bent. I have tried using it with the leather slightly damp to let it seep into the pores, dry, and any other way I could think of. Is that just natural with the eco flo? Almost as if it is just surface coating it. It looks great until you bend it lol.

have you tried thinning the "dye" and putting on several thin coats?

I've had best luck using the Eco Flo Pro waterstain with a light coat of Bick 4 conditioner applied before the waterstain. I apply the waterstain about 10 minutes after the conditioner with good results, using a piece of yellow turtlewax sponge misted with water and blotted off on paper towel. . Part of the cracking of these products, I think, is the fact that they contain pigments that lay on the surface, rather than a liquid that is absorbed into the leather. Also, the leather could have been too dry from the beginning. The Bick 4 application has cured my issues with the Eco Flo Pro at least.. Might be worth a try. I have been using this on belts, mainly.