I just replaced the servo motor on my Cobra 4 machine and at first, everything was fine, sewing great, just too fast for me. I adjusted the speed down from L1 to L9. I must have done something during that change that caused the motor to go into reverse mode. The manual shows how to set the motor back the other (forward) mode but for the life of me, I can't get it to reset. Anyone with a Cobra machine know the trick?

Thanks,

Steve Nelson

I think the S2 button option determines the direction. You would button down hard, then button up to S2. There, you would button up or down to change the direction.

Someone will correct me if I am mistaken, or if the S designations don't apply.

My book says that it is the S1 and S2 positions that control motor direction. I just can't get the motor to display the S1 S2 options. It will display the L0 thru l9 which is the motor speed, and the 5.0 thru 5.4 option which I don't even know what that means, but no S options.

Steve

Maybe this will help.

post-7185-0-62873800-1362766084_thumb.jp

is there a guide on how to actually replace the motor? ie which screws to unscrew first etc... 12 pounds will pretty much be my limit in holding in place so I would like to NOT drop the motor before it is installed. Thanks

It's real easy ,take the switch & wires off, then unfasten treadle rod off motor arm, on the motor there's 2 bolts side by side.Just loosen these 2 nuts 2turns,then on the other side take the nut all the way off the bolt.Push the bolt out of the table & now you can slide the motor off.and slide the new back on put the bolt back in tighten them,fasten switch & wires & adjust belt tension.

Thanks Bob, I spent the afternoon looking at things and orienting myself with all the pieces and I think I understand what you are saying. The belt I think is probably the most challenging aspect for me but I talked via email with Eric this afternoon so I think I'm getting the picture of how to do that. Just remains to be seen if it works afterwards. Think I'll give it a go tomorrow because I'm getting behind on work as well. Thanks Debbie

It's real easy ,take the switch & wires off, then unfasten treadle rod off motor arm, on the motor there's 2 bolts side by side.Just loosen these 2 nuts 2turns,then on the other side take the nut all the way off the bolt.Push the bolt out of the table & now you can slide the motor off.and slide the new back on put the bolt back in tighten them,fasten switch & wires & adjust belt tension.