Csr111

Wallet Innards > What Is The Best Fabric/material

I am making bi-fold wallets and am looking to find a better lining for the "innards" (card pockets, etc). Looking to find the name of the fabric that is very thin, almost paper thin. I've been using moire fabric, and don't like how it frays. I'd like to find something that is inbetween moire fabric and say tyvek paper that cuts nice an neat. Any suggestions would be be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Csr111

Will it be seen? If it won't be seen, I've found that rip stop nylon works nicely. Thin, strong, and doesn't fray too much. Ugly though so I only use it for wallet slots that won't be seen.

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew - no it won't be seen and only used int the wallet card slots. I'll give that a try.

I am making bi-fold wallets and am looking to find a better lining for the "innards" (card pockets, etc). Looking to find the name of the fabric that is very thin, almost paper thin. I've been using moire fabric, and don't like how it frays. I'd like to find something that is inbetween moire fabric and say tyvek paper that cuts nice an neat. Any suggestions would be be greatly appreciated!

Try this http://www.tandyleatherfactory.ca/en-cad/search/searchresults/9132-01.aspx has a backing, somewhat resembles leather, but the backing helps with the fraying problem. They have black and brown.

Tom

I've heard that people have had good results using Tyvek

Edited by Alamo

I just bought some Rip Stop Nylon. JoAnn's has it in a multitude of colors. It is a nice fabric. Perhaps you only seen it in the expanded net type?

ferg