Harag

Which Beveller To Use?

Hi all

I'm practicing some tooling/stamping and doing some celtic knots. I current have two lines about 2mm apart and I need to bevel in betwen them. The problem I'm having is that the bevel I have is so wide from front to back, so when I bevel down the side of line one, the back of the bevel flattens the other line, meaning I don't get a crisp bevel.

I'm currently using the starting Bevel - B197

Can anyone recommend which bevel - or an alternative way I can bevel small areas?

I've orderd a B935 which is about 1/2 the width, but the depth front to back is the same as the B197, so I'm going to have the same problem.

A couple images of the current bookmarks I've done (first go BTW).

http://www.mazdrak.c...rk/DSCF1580.JPG

http://www.mazdrak.c...rk/DSCF1584.JPG

Many thanks

Most of the craftool bevelars have this problem. The angle of the beval is virtually flat, not tapered. If you want to buy from Tandy buy from the Pro line, or buy from Barry King for even better made/quality.

Barry King or any other "Sheridan" style beveler. They have a steep angle to get into tight spaces. PLUS, they work a hell of a lot better!!!

In the meantime, angle the beveler back so the heel doesn't hit the other line as easily, or just use a modeling spoon in that area.

Definitely get some good sheridan bevellers. You won't BELIEVE how the quality of your work goes up with just this one tool upgrade. If you have some extra cash around, Barry King also sells some "concave" and "convex" bevellers, which I found useful at certain points of teeny tiny celtic knots.

I've attached the concave and round beveller pictures from Barry King's website.

post-29375-0-26890000-1367320537_thumb.j

post-29375-0-04418400-1367320549_thumb.j

Thanks for the thumbnails and the pointers to BK website - Does he deliver to the UK? I'm guessing this might cost a lot for overseas though.

Try contacting Barry through his website. I know he does ship internationally, and he can probably tell you what the shipping costs are. He is very responsive and he (or someone in the shop) will get back to you quickly.

Bob