ShawnM76

Well Hello There From Canada

Hello everyone, just thought I would drop a line and formally introduce myself. I'm eager to work along side all of all you great leather crafters, and I'm super excited to have a friendly community to share ideas, and to be inspired.

I started working with leather about six weeks ago, and haven't looked back. I'm officially addicted and it's quickly becoming a disease I think. lol I'm having so much fum with it, and I have some many ideas going through my mind everyday about projects I want to start, I can't even begin to keep up with myself.

Hey Shawn......Welcome to the forum! Sit back and enjoy some knowledge from this forum.

Hey Shawn......Welcome to the forum! Sit back and enjoy some knowledge from this forum.

Thanks King's X! My mind is open, and ready to receive!

Welcome to the forums! Grab a drink and get settled, it'll take forever to dig through all the useful information. :)

Hello everyone, just thought I would drop a line and formally introduce myself. I'm eager to work along side all of all you great leather crafters, and I'm super excited to have a friendly community to share ideas, and to be inspired.

I started working with leather about six weeks ago, and haven't looked back. I'm officially addicted and it's quickly becoming a disease I think. lol I'm having so much fum with it, and I have some many ideas going through my mind everyday about projects I want to start, I can't even begin to keep up with myself.

Hi Shawn!

Leatherworker.net has some amazing work and some amazing ideas. It will definitely spark your interest and keep you going. Also check out The Canadian Society for Creative Leathercraft. We've got three Ontario Guilds, and members at large across the country.

Check out our updated webiste: www.canadianleathercraft.org

Or find us on facebook: www.facebook.com/canadianleathercraft

Let us know if we can be of any help!

Also, there is a great store in Hamilton, Ontario, if you're ever in the area. It's called Tundra Leather, and they provide excellent advice to beginners all the way up to master leathercrafters. You can find them at www.tundraleather.ca, or www.facebook.com/tundraleather

Best of luck with your leatherwork!

Canadian Society for Creative Leathercraft (CSCL)

Hi Shawn!

Leatherworker.net has some amazing work and some amazing ideas. It will definitely spark your interest and keep you going. Also check out The Canadian Society for Creative Leathercraft. We've got three Ontario Guilds, and members at large across the country.

Check out our updated webiste: www.canadianleathercraft.org

Or find us on facebook: www.facebook.com/canadianleathercraft

Let us know if we can be of any help!

Also, there is a great store in Hamilton, Ontario, if you're ever in the area. It's called Tundra Leather, and they provide excellent advice to beginners all the way up to master leathercrafters. You can find them at www.tundraleather.ca, or www.facebook.com/tundraleather

Best of luck with your leatherwork!

Canadian Society for Creative Leathercraft (CSCL)

Wow! Thanks for the links, I'm definitely going to check those all out, and I had no idea there was a leather store in Hamilton. I'm always making my way out to Mississauga to Tandy's, but I will be sure to check this other place out!

Wow! Thanks for the links, I'm definitely going to check those all out, and I had no idea there was a leather store in Hamilton. I'm always making my way out to Mississauga to Tandy's, but I will be sure to check this other place out!

Tundra Leather definitely has all of the information and supplies you need. They're located in downtown Hamilton and will have the knowledge and skills to work you through any project!

313 King Street East, Hamilton, ON L8N 1C1

(if you're putting it into your GPS, make sure you put in the postal code, or it'll take you to Stoney Creek)

Best of luck!

CSCL

Tundra Leather definitely has all of the information and supplies you need. They're located in downtown Hamilton and will have the knowledge and skills to work you through any project!

313 King Street East, Hamilton, ON L8N 1C1

(if you're putting it into your GPS, make sure you put in the postal code, or it'll take you to Stoney Creek)

Best of luck!

CSCL

Perfect, I'm definitely going to check them out for sure.

Thanks again!

Welcome, ShawnM76!

I'm from Simcoe, just down the road from you and new to this amazing craft as well! The guys at Tundra are awesome and are happy to share their amazing skills and knowledge with you. it would be very worthwhile to check out the CSCL as well.

Bob

Welcome, ShawnM76!

I'm from Simcoe, just down the road from you and new to this amazing craft as well! The guys at Tundra are awesome and are happy to share their amazing skills and knowledge with you. it would be very worthwhile to check out the CSCL as well.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words, Bob! We definitely try to help out and offer advice where we can. Hope to see you in the shop Shawn! Definitely mention that you've been chatting with us on Leatherworker.net. Have a great day!

Hi Shawn!

I'm Canadian as well, born in Ontario but living in Quebec with my husband. Feel free to ask me questions about suppliers and selling online from Canada. I've been at this about 1.5 years and really love the craft! We Canadians have a challenge in that it's harder to get some of the higher quality tools and supplies, because shipping from the USA can get stupid expensive, especially when you factor in the duty fees. Sometimes it's worth it, other times, not so much.

I too will look up the Tundra guild, although it's a little too far for me to participate in person.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome, ShawnM76!

Bob

Thanks Bob! I was actually born in Simcoe! I lived there til I was about 12. I'm very interested in meeting other leather craft people and I think the CSCL would be a great place to do so. Too bad I just missed the annual meeting. I'm looking for ward to meeting the people at Tundra, and gaining some skills from their knowledge. I already attend the free classes at Tandys almost every Saturday, but I'm very hungry for knowledge right now, and I'm finding that Saturday mornings just aren't enough for me.

Thanks for the kind words, Bob! We definitely try to help out and offer advice where we can. Hope to see you in the shop Shawn! Definitely mention that you've been chatting with us on Leatherworker.net. Have a great day!

I'm sure we will be seeing each other real soon for sure!

Hi Shawn!

I'm Canadian as well, born in Ontario but living in Quebec with my husband. Feel free to ask me questions about suppliers and selling online from Canada. I've been at this about 1.5 years and really love the craft! We Canadians have a challenge in that it's harder to get some of the higher quality tools and supplies, because shipping from the USA can get stupid expensive, especially when you factor in the duty fees. Sometimes it's worth it, other times, not so much.

I too will look up the Tundra guild, although it's a little too far for me to participate in person.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Thanks Lightingale! Yes, definitely shipping from the USA has been challenging to say the least. I've been trying to get everything I can from Canada, but some of the seriously good tools are from the states.

Thank you Robert!

Also Canadian. :) I'm from Manitoba though.

What kind of stuff have you made/are you planning to make?

Hello ShawnM76! Greetings from another Canadian (New Brunswick). It's nice to meet you, and nice to see fellow canucks on the forum!

Also Canadian. :) I'm from Manitoba though.

What kind of stuff have you made/are you planning to make?

Hello fellow Destrier!

So far I started with a ton of key fobs, then graduated to belts, then I did a wallet and a rifle sling. All of which I was really proud of. I'm currently working on another belt which is all hand carved, and two custom long biker wallets. I'm super happy with all my current projects and cant wait to see them done.

My next project is going to be a 3 ring photo album/portfolio (I'm a tattoo artist and I want this for displaying photos of my work. I'm going to have to wing this one as well, as I have found no resources at all to assist me in it's design. Should be tons of fun though!

Hello ShawnM76! Greetings from another Canadian (New Brunswick). It's nice to meet you, and nice to see fellow canucks on the forum!

Thank you and thanks for having me! Super stoked to be here and learn.

Hello from Calgary, and welcome.

Tom

Hello Northmount! Glad to see there are plenty of canucks on here!

Vancouver is here. Glad to see ya