Sign in to follow this  
SooperJake

Are There Any Reliable Alternative Ring's Blue Guns?

I'm pretty tired of not being able to get the molds I need in a timely manner. Can anyone suggest suppliers of other gun molds that typically would be in stock?

There are other makers of holster molds some of their listing differ from Rings although Rings has the biggest veriety some of the other makers have ones that Rings does not. Bunkhouse tool company http://www.bunkhousetools.com/GunLeather.php can be found on ebay as duckcreek traders. Blackhawk and ASP there is also Duncans Outdoor they make cast metal molds. If they don't have what you want they will take your name and what you want if they get enough requests they will make it. Form Bunkhouse you have to download there list frequently as it changes.

Looks like bunkhouse is casting their own. I've been tinkering with it. Not terribly difficult, but not any cheaper if you just need one. If Rings carries it, I would just buy it. But I need a couple that Rings does not carry too. I picked up a Blackhawk for a Beretta 92 and it's well made too.

Everything gun related is silly right now.

Everything gun related is silly right now.

:16:super_funny_pictures_of_the_40_funniest_animated_gifs_all__35_20090805_1598768120.gif219na87.jpg

Amazon and Ebay often have blue guns. I've never ordered one, but I see them all the time.

I see ASP Red guns available from Optics Planet. Anyone have any experience molding with these?

Red Guns arent too bad but be careful, I have one labeled Kahr 9, its a good fit for a K9- how long is it taking to get your molds? I've been buying mine from Rob, week to 10 days generally if he doesnt have it in stock, 3 if he does.

Red Guns arent too bad but be careful, I have one labeled Kahr 9, its a good fit for a K9- how long is it taking to get your molds? I've been buying mine from Rob, week to 10 days generally if he doesnt have it in stock, 3 if he does.

I had one take 8 weeks recently. IIRC one took about 2 weeks. I've had them in 3 days if it's in stock though. In Rob's defense, I was not after him too much because it was a convenience order on my part. So I would let it ride for a couple of weeks then email him. I noticed today on his Facebook feed that Ring's seems to be taking longer to respond to some of his requests. His service is outstanding so I'll keep ordering from him. Some of this is simply out of his control I'm sure.

FWIW, stay away from Botach. I've not heard good things about them. They are on ebay a lot.

I just ordered 2 from Rob and hoping for the best. Customer pre paid knowing it might take a while. It's annoying, but at least I'm not completely on the hook for the cost this time. Makes it a bit easier.

I have ordered from Rob on a couple of occasions and have two on order from him now. He is very upfront about wait times and currently has a warning posted on his sight that it is taking time because of all the orders not just to him but orders from rings in general. He does try to keep people informed but if rings does not get them to him he can't get them to you. Trust me ordering direct from rings is no faster.

AWESOME! My order just shipped! That's a lot of stress off my shoulders.

AWESOME! My order just shipped! That's a lot of stress off my shoulders.

I updated it yesterday around 9AM with the tracking number. You my want to check your spam folder for the email they sometimes land there.