This is based on a portmanteau design, but I created my own pattern. I included secret compartments on the sides to stash a pipe, some tobacco, some whisky. (And maybe a copy of Hemingway.)

Made from 8-9oz veg-tan leather, lined with very thin pig-skin. Dyed with Tandy's pro medium brown (crimson on the lining.) Solid brass fittings and conchos.

I recognize it's a bit off, and markedy imperfect, but for a first time piece of luggage with a custom pattern, I'm pretty pleased with it.

The second photo is of the "secret compartment" on the sides.

post-16809-0-69843000-1370993906_thumb.j

post-16809-0-41774500-1370993923_thumb.j

It is great, and good for you for doing your own design with it. We are our own harshest critiques.

The next item gets better and better and better.......

That beauty looks like it should be strapped on the forks of a Harley or other manly bike. Shove some diapers in it, strap junior on the sissy bar, and away to the day care we go! Excellent work!

Good job. One of the great things about designing your own stuff is the ability to make it exactly the way you want.

I just completed a sporran that has interior pockets and a slots on the back for various knives I might want to put behind it rather than the off-the-shelf big bag that most sporrans tend to be.

Very cool design. I love the secret compartment!

Nice one! That's how I started too: needed a manly diaper bag. Now that it doesn't hold diapers anymore it holds all my other gear.

I like your design too. Looks like a motorcycle tool roll, just scaled up some.

Cheers,

Andy

Very nice work

Very cool! Something I need to work on for myself as my wife took my diaper bag. How long did it take you to design/make?

That is a very nice bag.

I am working on a sporran, also. Reading this post has inspired me to incorporate a knife pouch in the back :)