glockanator

Buckaroo Spur Straps

Does anyone have a pattern for buckaroo straps?

This is my version of a pattern I use.

Full size, . . . for my boots, . . . this needs to be printed on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. It will then be full size, . . . no needing to tweek it.

You will have to cut this out, . . . and play with it to see if the off side strap is long enough for your boots. I do have one pair of Red Wings that this pattern will not fit.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-88596900-1371470844_thumb.jp

Thanks Dwight

If you have any trouble putting them together, . . . just holler.

I kinda laughed earlier today when I saw your post, . . . I was in the middle of trying to come up with a "different" design for a new pair of straps for that one pair of boots.

I have one of them made, It is sitting on my sewing table right now, . . . gotta take and trim the edges tomorrow, . . . made it out of two pieces of 3/4 oz all contact cemented together and sewn.

They're kinda blingy, . . . spots, a diamond, and a Tx star all are part of the design.

I'm also taking a page out of an old Western I once read, . . . cowboy drilled out two silver dollars, . . . used them for the rowels in his spurs, . . . I'm going to do the same, . . . but I'm using the sandwiched dollars, . . . I'd have to sit up and guard em if they were real "silver" dollar rowels.

Anyway, . . . have fun, . . . this is one of the items I do really enjoy making. I guess it is because they are done so quickly, . . . don't have a chance to sit and fret about "did I do it right????"

May God bless,

Dwight

Hey Dwight do you have pictures of a finished pair?

Go to my website, . . . on the sample page, . . . bottom center.

It is actually my favorite of all I have ever made.

May God bless,

Dwight

And here are the ones I was trying to design the other day when I saw your post, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-18827200-1371586514_thumb.jp

Glockanator, I have a precision laser cut set of Buckaroo's in clear acrylic. You can have for free. I was going to market them with my other template sets but decided not to. Just shoot me an email at blackriverlaser@gmail.com and I will be happy to send them to you. I did make one set of Buckaroo's just for fun. Joyce~