bjbwt2

Vertical Vs. Angled Belt Slots

Pancake holster - I see some of you keeping the belt slots vertical (perpendicular to belt) and others angling them slightly forward or backwards.

Is this purely for aesthetics or visual appeal? Does one method provide better longevity or wear? I've always angled because I like the look and it seems to use a little less leather.

I like vertical slots aesthetically, and they don't seem to torque your belt out of whack as much. Also, your overall holster can be shorter.

I think angling them is a matter of form over function. A slanted hole is longer and can allow the holster to shift and rotate out of position easier, straight holes hold the holster tighter into position. But they look cool.

When you say the overall holster can be shorter do you mean length? Height should be dictated by length of barrel right?

Thanks for the replies.

When you say the overall holster can be shorter do you mean length? Height should be dictated by length of barrel right?

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the overall length can be shorter.