bought my pfaff 1245 few months ago, now start to make something. newbie question, I want to make leather clutch/purse/bag, what thread is usually use for making leather bag (sewing machine thread)? some guys buy thread from this web, they have nylon, polyester, kevlar thread. is nylon better than polyester?

Thank you! :)

http://www.thethreadexchange.com/

Edited by piheart

I use Bonded Nylon for almost everything similar to your venture.

ferg

try the >>> thread -exchange<< in Weaverville, NC...they have hundreds of colors and all kind of sizes....also a very nice info page for thread use!!!

james

Hi, US leather-worker mostly use bonded Nylon, when we Europeans use much polyester. Thats my impression, and its maybe because of whats offered by the thread manufacturers/sellers here. A other reason might be that the German sewing machine companies recommends polyester thread for their machines.

I Started to use polyester because it was available in colors and sizes I needed. I also found it to be softer than the nylon offered here, my machines like it much better too. I use Aman Serafil and Coats Gral lubricated polyester

Tor