Ian

A 911 tribute

I've watched it several times and it still leaves me breathless

http://mediafetcher.com/article_full.php?id=30064

Ian

Thank You for posting this link. Everybody should watch this and remember.

Mike

My heart mourns for those 2,794 men & woman who stood victim to the attacks of September 11, 2001!

We Will NOT Forget!

If you go to this link, http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/terbinladen.htm, Why is Osama Bin Laden NOT wanted for the attacks on the World Trade Center?

If we can find Sadam Hussein in a hole in the ground, why can't we find Osama Bin Laden? You decide... Perhaps some of your questions can be answered by watching this ...

http://www.nosmokewithoutfire.co.uk/watch.htm

God Bless the families and friends of those lost in this tragic event.

If we can find Sadam Hussein in a hole in the ground, why can't we find Osama Bin Laden? You decide... Perhaps some of your questions can be answered by watching this ...

http://www.nosmokewithoutfire.co.uk/watch.htm

Perhaps because he is already dead and is just a symbol anyway - and we are not allowed to take our forces into Pakistan, where he most likely is, if alive. Of course there are those who will always find ways to make our beautiful country into the perpetrators of evil. I have no interest in watching videos by "young film makers" -most especially foreigners -who dedicate themselves to perpetuating these lies. There seems to be no bounds when it comes to vilifying American leaders for God knows what reason.

I heard an interesting fact this morning. While 65% of Germans believe that Bin Laden was resposible for 911, only 45% of Americans do. How does it happen that Americans have been so poisoned against our own country by Hollywood leftists and the endless diatribe coming from the media. The national media will not even show the footage of the most horrendous event ever to occur on American soil.

Our country was attacked by the same 'people' who have committed similar, if smaller, mass murders across the globe - end of story. Any other theories and exposes by 'young filmakers' can go into the cesspool where they belong.

Edited by Ian

This post was set to "invisible" mode because there was some concern it could get nasty. It's now visible again.

PLEASE keep any bickering, theorizing and finger pointing off !

Please remember and honor the lives of those lost. The video that Ian first posted was very touching, and made me weep. As a former NJ resident, I have been to NYC more times than I can count. I remember clearly where I was when I got the news of the Twin Towers' collapse. I remember all the news spreading that morning based on hearsay, until all the facts of the tragedies became known, and the other hijackings were made public.

As I cried through watching that video, my son Ethan said "mommy, why are those buildings on fire?" and I said to him (in terms for a 4 yr old) "some very bad people stole those planes and crashed them into it. Planes have a lot of gas, so it made them explode. The people in the buildings died." And he said....

"Don't worry, Mommy, God will take care of it"

Out of the mouth of babes.

Wow, now that I know that this topic was "HIDDEN" to avoid controversy, it makes me wonder how many times negative comments about my projects have been "HIDDEN" to protect my feelings or avoid contraversy.

Freedom of Speech! :eusa_naughty: As long as it doesn't cause controversy...

Troy- we just tell you the bad stuff to your face! :)

We very seldom censor anything on here, and it is never done without a lot of thought and discussion in the staff room, with the exception of hostile posters from PETA. :no:

With all due respect, I understand this is your forum, and you have the right to do whatever you like with it. It's an awesome forum!

I merely view things from all angles... I don't pass judgement, nor do I point fingers. I merely examine the facts AND the fiction, form MY opinion, and give other users the opprtunity to decide for themselves! I DO NOT, nor will I, ever try to FORCE my opinion on you or anyone else.

I only wanted to point out that Osama Bin Laden, who is said to be responsible for the most horrific display of Terrorism in US History, was no longer wanted for those crimes! I just want to know WHY? And I want other people that may not be aware of that fact to be informed.

Have you even watched the link? The link doesn't point the finger at anyone, it merely brings light to more questions and information allowing you to form your own opinion about the incident! We all owe it to the fallen victims and their families to INVESTIGATE ALL LEADS!!! WAR is big business and my country is going broke! My friends and soldiers are dying and the biggest thing on my country's mind is the cost of gas rising because of a storm!

I do this on SEPTEMBER 11, a day that will forever be etched in my mind, and hope to spark a fire in your soul to know the truth. Don't turn a blind eye to the situation! Get ALL of the facts, even the ones you don't want to hear, and let's do something about it!

If you feel this post will cause more damage than good, by all means, "HIDE" it, but remember, you can't hide the HOLE at Ground Zero, nor the hole in the hearts of the people that lost someone close to them on that horrible day!

God Bless the Victims!

Troy- I agree with a lot of what you said, and I didn't watch the links. I am aware of the controversies. That said, LW would never condone disrespecting God, someone's Mom or the flag because some things are sacred. This is a leatherworking forum, full of people from all over the world, and many have military backgrounds. LW owes it to them to be sensitive to potentially explosive (political) topics, especially ones that have nothing to do with leatherwork. The post was restored because we were all affected by the horriffic events of September 11th 2001 and they should not be forgotten or trivialized. The LW staff agreed that if the conversation went back to paying our respects to the victims and heroes of that terrible day, and was not disrespectful in any way, then perhaps some comfort can be drawn from people caring and praying together in our LW community. Thank you for understanding why we made the decision to temporarily hide the post when it seemed to get off track.

Johanna

Troy, nobody was "dissing" you, and I didn't mean that anything WAS bad, only that there was concern it could GET bad. Some of the moderators have experience with others on this site getting into name calling, so imagine that there was concern over folks getting nasty over something as serious as this. We wanted to talk it over before things got out of hand, as a precaution.

Speaking for myself: I did read your link, and I found it interesting. Parts were a bit odd to me, but like you, I prefer to view all sides to an event and make up my own mind.

BTW, when things are removed or invisibled, it's generally the rule of thumb to let the person know if it's going to stay that way. This is generally done by sending the person a PM. So please don't worry over any of your other posts. Besides, you'd know if they were invisibled: you wouldn't see them ;)

Let's remember the purpose of this post as it started out, and keep it to that!