I've make a few of these small shoulder bags for some of the ladies in a local motorcycle club. It's HO leather lined with Brazilian pigskin, except the lining on the lid is tobacco lamb and the gusset is oil tanned. The bag has the three card slots you see in the picture, a small internal pocket, and then the main compartment. I have a heck of a time gluing the gusset around the tight turn in the corners and am considering changing the shape of the bag slightly so the corners are not so square. I've only made a handful of purses / bags, so any feedback or suggestions would really be appreciated.

post-28681-0-37044100-1375277945_thumb.j

post-28681-0-31511800-1375277954_thumb.j

post-28681-0-29279500-1375277962_thumb.j

Super design

I love the design. What weight of leather? What's special about Braisilian pigskin? Never heard of it.

What's special about Braisilian pigskin? Never heard of it.

It has a sultry, bronze accent, of course....

;)

Edited by shtoink

I love the design. What weight of leather? What's special about Braisilian pigskin? Never heard of it.

The back plate is 4/5 and 8/9 glued together, the lid is 6/7 glued to the tobacco lamb lining, the main front piece is 6/7, and the card slots are 4/5. I just got a couple 3/4 shoulders from Springfield that I am going to use for the card slots in the future. I'd like some 2/3, but Springfield doesn't have HO leather that thin. The Brazilian pigskin is Springfield's high end pigskin lining. I bought some mission pigskin from another vendor about a year ago and hated the quality of it. Springfield sent me some samples of their stuff. The Brazilian has a beautiful grain, clean hides, and is very durable. It was well worth the extra money I paid to get it.

The back plate is 4/5 and 8/9 glued together, the lid is 6/7 glued to the tobacco lamb lining, the main front piece is 6/7, and the card slots are 4/5. I just got a couple 3/4 shoulders from Springfield that I am going to use for the card slots in the future. I'd like some 2/3, but Springfield doesn't have HO leather that thin. The Brazilian pigskin is Springfield's high end pigskin lining. I bought some mission pigskin from another vendor about a year ago and hated the quality of it. Springfield sent me some samples of their stuff. The Brazilian has a beautiful grain, clean hides, and is very durable. It was well worth the extra money I paid to get it.

I just ordered 3/4 HO from Springfield and I was wanting the 2/3 also...Thanks for the tip on the Brazilian pig skin. I'll have to try it.

I just ordered 3/4 HO from Springfield and I was wanting the 2/3 also...Thanks for the tip on the Brazilian pig skin. I'll have to try it.

I got an email from Springfield about two hours ago. They ordered a few sides of 2/3 that just came in.