mikeymoto

Where to find "long eyelets"?

I'm primarily a sheath maker. I often have 3-4 stacked layers of 7/8, 8/9 ounce leather and I want to find some eyelets that will go through that thickness. I want metal all the way through. I don't know, but Tandy only sells rivets suitable for one or MAXIMUM two layers of leather.

Anyone know where I can find these, assuming I know the lengths I need?

I have seen eyelets in this length before on commercial sheaths, but I can not find a supplier.

Edited by mikeymoto

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried Ohio travel bag?

Think its www.ohiotravelbag.com

great site for hardware.

Try motor trimmer/canvas worker suppliers.

Barra

I'm primarily a sheath maker. I often have 3-4 stacked layers of 7/8, 8/9 ounce leather and I want to find some eyelets that will go through that thickness. I want metal all the way through. I don't know, but Tandy only sells rivets suitable for one or MAXIMUM two layers of leather.

Anyone know where I can find these, assuming I know the lengths I need?

I have seen eyelets in this length before on commercial sheaths, but I can not find a supplier.

I'm also looking for long eyelets...have you had any luck finding them? Please let me know and I'll do the same back at ya!!

Thanks.

The longest one I could find in the OTB Catolog is 5/16" SB, but no washers to go with it. I don't think that will be even close.

The longest one I could find in the OTB Catolog is 5/16" SB, but no washers to go with it. I don't think that will be even close.

The ones that come with washers are usually a bit larger and are considered Grometts, I believe. Eyelets are usually one piece and the tool crimmps the edges over, to make it look like the other end. They are out there....gotta find em, I have an order to fill!!

Ill post a picture of what I need them for next....gotta find the picture....here we go.

This sheath shows the eyelets going thru 3 layers of 8oz. approx.

med_1202535116_JRE_Sheaths_001.jpg

post-4803-1204162309_thumb.jpg

They make eyelets with washers as well. Check your OTB catalog. They have them in there.

They make eyelets with washers as well. Check your OTB catalog. They have them in there.

OTB??? I have no OTB catalog.....I have a Springfield Leather Co. one however, and they list a 3/16" eyelet with "long" post, but they don't say how long is long.....1-800-668-8518...I'll be calling them too.

I'm gonna check on Weaver Leather as well.

OTB??? I have no OTB catalog.....I have a Springfield Leather Co. one however, and they list a 3/16" eyelet with "long" post, but they don't say how long is long.....1-800-668-8518...I'll be calling them too.

I'm gonna check on Weaver Leather as well.

You'll find the eyelets at Siska Fasteners... The part number is S42 They are also referred to by the Stimpson Number GS6-14

The "Post" is .183" diameter and .437 long

The problem is that Siska will only sell to businesses and in large quantities; I buy them 50,000 at a time because I requite that they be Nickle Plated.

I don't know how many you're looking for but if it's for a small job you can contact me at the e-mail address on my website and we can hook you up.

Reid

Edited by Sharpshooter

You'll find the eyelets at Siska Fasteners... The part number is S42 They are also referred to by the Stimpson Number GS6-14

The "Post" is .183" diameter and .437 long

The problem is that Siska will only sell to businesses and in large quantities; I buy them 50,000 at a time because I requite that they be Nickle Plated.

I don't know how many you're looking for but if it's for a small job you can contact me at the e-mail address on my website and we can hook you up.

Reid

Thanks so much Reid!!! They fit perfectly through 3 layers of 8-10oz.

IMG_9289.jpg

IMG_9290.jpg