Holsters are reverse sewn. Looked all over for someone to do this. Bob Mernickle, when I was really into SASS, made a rig for me. He wouldn't do it.

post-36503-0-49072400-1378166999_thumb.j

post-36503-0-94845300-1378167002_thumb.j

post-36503-0-42647600-1378167005_thumb.j

post-36503-0-79682900-1378167007_thumb.j

Put some dark brown edge kote on the rig. Looks neater.

post-36503-0-81807600-1378171458_thumb.j

post-36503-0-94166200-1378171460_thumb.j

Never seen anything like that before. I'm guessing you made them that way for a quicker draw ?

Dirtclod, I have to take you to a SASS match.

Cowboy Action Shooting is one of the disciplines that require holstering your revolvers during the heat of the stage. I will roll the top edges out a little when I wet mold the holsters providing a big hole to hit when reholstering. And the reverse sew is different that accomplishes access to the trigger guard. And it helps with the draw.

And, two strongsides like the above will require drawing the weak hand pistol and bringing it up and transferring it to the strong hand for shooting. The presentation from the weak hand to the the strong hand is acomplished if you can draw the weakhand gun with your index finger in front of the trigger guard, thumb on top of the frame, and the little finger hooking the grip. When you transfer the revolver, the thumb, the index and little finger is the only thing holding the revolver. Clean access by the strong hand.

Dirtclod, your advice really worked. I had no trouble through two holsters and the belt. Thank you very much.

Watch a cowboy shooter do the transfer to the hand in slow motion.

Learned something new today. I'm glad things worked out for you on your machine.

Holsters are reverse sewn. Looked all over for someone to do this. Bob Mernickle, when I was really into SASS, made a rig for me. He wouldn't do it.

at the time you asked Bob to do this style Sass may not have allowed it in the game.

No, not really. Bob said it was a lot of work. Bob made me a custom rig a few years back. After that I met Bob in Las Vegas at the SASS annual convention. Matter of fact, Bob made another holster for me. I argued that it was too brief but, apparently, it sells.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ca/CA23_23/ca23_23.html

SASS rules leaves a lot of room for rigs. Paraphrasing, it says that any holster that reasonably retains the revolver during a match. Actually, the holster is rather easy to make. One of the big benefits is that you provide a sight track by the holster's shape. A small welt in the front would be easy if needed. This makes wet moulding easy.

Ah, there they are. I knew if I poked around long enough, I would find good pictures of these holsters! Much obliged, Red Cent!

Real good lookin rig! I'm from N.C. myself (Rutherfordton). Now living in Kansas, but that will change when I finally decide I've had too much Flatland.

Tip

Sent a few out. This is a couple of rigs.

post-36503-0-43150900-1428972345_thumb.j

post-36503-0-77269600-1428972754_thumb.j

Red Bear Haraldsson, you gonna try some reverse sewn holsters?

That I am sir, that I am. Thank you very much for the additional pictures you posted. Now, of course, I am dying of curiosity to know what that rivet is for, poking out near the barrel end of the holster.

I was thinking of making mine a bit deeper to cover the trigger guard and use that 'web' between the guard and the barrel to put in a retention screw, but the rivet in your picture has me flummoxed.