lielien

Is this a true bayonet?

Has anyone ever seen this knife before and can it really be used on a bayonet? It is said that it can fit together with a AK47 rifle. Maybe it is a copy of some old military knife that was used back in one of the wars? The website that it is on is www.lducompany.com I am wondering if it can fit on any other types of guns or rifles. Does it look like something that would be used by Chinese, Koreans, or Russians. Here is a link to the knives page http://www.liangdianup.com/knives_1.htm and it is the knife with the number 406023 right at the top of the page.Any help would be appreciated before I order it all the way from China :)

i was stumped when i saw the pic as it is not the standard ak bajonett style as i know normally, it looks like the k98, the ak bajonett has a square hole in the blade and a counterpart on the sheath for to be used as a wire cutter the blade also has very fine teeth on the top of the tang for cutting rope the blades apperence is more like a bowie,

I did a pic search also and found that that one is for an AK 47 CCCR hope this helps, Don

Don did you happen to look at #406031 not a bad looking Bowie Knife.

i wouldnt call it a "true" bayonet for the AK or clones. It may/maynot fit and the only way to know is to buy one. I wouldnt since i could go to a local mil surp store and get a real surp for less then what they want. even local gun shows have em cheaper too.

also, i dont know if i would order direct from "China" where OUR laws dont have any meaning or enforement over there.

good luck and let us know what happens.

just had a look Luke its a shame about the holes at the back of the scales, its simular to the resin bowie in style, Don

Hi Lielien,

The bayonet you are speaking of is not the one used on and provided with the AK-47 or the AKM, they were shorter and had different method of butt attachment. However, there is a version used with the AK-47 by the Eastern Block countries that it is TRYING to resemble, however the butt attachment and the quasi guard are all wrong. It might fit an AKM, but with the long rod on the AK-47, I'm not too sure. The AK-47 and the AKM are very similar and a lot of stuff interchanges, and they both used either the Type 1 or Type 2 bayonet. The Eastern block long bayonet had a butt that curved up and attached around the barrel and I don't see that on yours. The Short bayonets had Bakelite or Polymer handles (depending on age) and were dark brown, light brown, or black. The short and long styles were HRC 50-52 and the AK-74 were a point higher. Originals are often demilled by grinding the butt attachment tang off, they won't stay on a rifle. Original ones often have an arrow and triangle mark on them. The one pictured seems a cheap imitation. I have never seen CCCP AK-47 on any Soviet bayonet. Oh, by the way, most scabbards were steel and the attachments were leather.

Art

Has anyone ever seen this knife before and can it really be used on a bayonet? It is said that it can fit together with a AK47 rifle. Maybe it is a copy of some old military knife that was used back in one of the wars? The website that it is on is www.lducompany.com I am wondering if it can fit on any other types of guns or rifles. Does it look like something that would be used by Chinese, Koreans, or Russians. Here is a link to the knives page http://www.liangdianup.com/knives_1.htm and it is the knife with the number 406023 right at the top of the page.Any help would be appreciated before I order it all the way from China :)

Disclaimer from the link above:

Note: You will need to check your country's laws before ordering this item. If you order this item we will be glad to ship it to you but we can not be held responsible if it is confiscated by your county's customs office.

I can't help but wonder if you send them a payment, they send you an email saying they tried to ship to you but your shipment was confiscated. Since the item was confiscated by [your government] a refund will not be available. Fully forged legal documents showing shipment and confiscation will be available to you for a modest handling and legal fee. Please be sure to include account and routing numbers for your bank, along with any passwords....

Sorry, I seem to be ranting....

I've seen this post on another forum too. From a user with no post history. Wonder how many other copies of it are around?

Cynic that I am, is this just an advertising attempt?

Wonder how many other copies of it are around?

And the answer to that question is "many".

Check this out - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ak47+bayo...e+number+406023

6 pages of scumbag spammer.

when i first read the post, i thought it sounded fishy.

i hope they delete it.