WScott

A "coach" Bag

Had a lady in my office with an attractive black and tan satchel bag.

The girls were talking about how nice the bag was, mostly b/c of the label attached to it. I could

see it was clearly not a leather bag so was babbling about how people get fooled by the name brands and

that seems more important than real materials, craftsmanship and quality.

I had a good close look and said it was a really nice bag...and kept my mouth shut

that every inch of it was vinyl. This is ok if she knows what she is buying, but I think a lot of consumers get suckered in

and fall for the marketing and branding. The counterfeit market is huge with ladies bags as well. It reminded me of this video I saw on leatherworkers. I could feel that false grain that the vinyl had from the paper backing.

You are right I myself got fooled before, now that I got into leather working it be a little harder I think, it happens...... I was 18 and thought I was buying my girlfriend a quality purse little did I know it was a complete fake. It's just getting harder and harder to distinguish between the vinyl and real leather. I have learned now and if I wanted to give my girlfriend a purse I would just make her one now, but of course my old girlfriend would think I'm crazy since she's all into fashion but I don't care that's why we are not together anymore. Totally went of topic .....lol but seriously some young people do not appreciate the art anymore I know a purse that is made by a leather craftsmen will last you a lifetime even if you use it every day in the other hand one of those other fancy purses will only last you a couple months.

Ralph

GOD BLESS!

I've never understood it, either. I've never enjoyed carrying a purse (mostly because I forget it everywhere and don't carry anything that can't fit in my pocket usually), yet my mother-in-law bought me a "Coach" purse one year for Christmas. I accepted it anyway, knowing that she wishes I'd be more girly. Then a friend told me that this tiny little thing I hated carrying around was $150. I would have preferred the money. But then, I also never understood having multiple purses to match your clothing. I also wear one pair of sneakers, one pair of sandals, and two pairs of dress shoes. But then again that's me. Most of the brand name consumers come from people who have 20 different purses, or like one of my friends (poor girl is close to addiction) who I swear has over a hundred pairs of shoes (I also swear I saw four pairs of pink flip flops, which makes no sense).

Most people out in society don't care what the item is made from. It's the style and popularity of the item that they strive for. Interesting video WScott.