thesergeant

Loose Bobbin Basket (Video)

Hey Guys! So I'm in the process of restoring a Brother LS2-837 and beyond some missing parts have noticed a particularly loose bobbin basket. I'm in the process of ordering all the missing/damaged parts for the machine and am wondering if this bobbin basket is going to give me any issues.

If you guys think it is I will add a hook assembly to my order.

Does this seem abnormally loose?

http://www.youtube.c...bed/VprBvE763EE

Message sent, but no, that amount of play is pretty common. If you need to replace the hook because the hook itself is bad, then fine. Otherwise I spend the money elsewhere.

Regards, Eric

That hook, for sure, has a lot of play, and may effect the sewing of the machine, for sure. If that were a repair, we would replace the hook, and we don't take that lightly, as these replacement hooks are not inexpensive.

You can buy replacement parts from Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines (an advertiser here - see banners), or from Gregg at Keystone, or any other sewing machine dealers who place banner ads on this website.

Edited by Wizcrafts

Hey Sarge. I agree with Gregg and Eric. There is too much play in the hook assembly. All of the dealers that advertise on this sight, and Gregg can get you what you need. These parts are the same as the Singer 111W, Juki 562/563, and Consew 225/226/255. Thanks, Steve

Edited by Cobra Steve