We use wellwood contact cement and use to use barge wit good results.also have some water based white glue that works well with no fumes.But a quick story here the other day I had a flat tire on one of the pickup trucks,I got the tire plug kit out and the rubber contact cement was dry in the tube.I put the wellwood contact cement all over the tire plug and it has been holding air for 3 days and have been driving on it//Good Stuff..

On 10/7/2013 at 10:30 AM, katsass said:

FWIW, I've used Weldwood contact cement for at least 35 years and have never experienced the situation you describe. If I were to guess, I'd say that you may have gotten hold of some of their 'environmentally friendly' concoction which I tried once and tossed. Mike

What size bottle do you use? I used to only use the small bottle but the other day I bought the can. For some reason the stuff in the can does not seem to stick the same. Maybe it’s because it’s colder out now?