RoyalLeatherDesigns

Wanted Needle & Awl Machines

I am looking to buy a Landis 3, Campbell Lockstitch, Randall, these are my first choices but will also consider the following Union Lockstitch, Landis 1, Landis 16, Pearson 6, Champion Narrow or Wide Throat, Bauer, A1, Pilot, singer 97-19 and a Landis 30 splitter. If you have any of these machines and are willing to sell at a fair price please PM me price, pictures and location, I am in California so seller must be able to ship. Thank you!

Ralph

HI Ralph, good luck with the search, I have some Champions, some Singer 97-10 (I think you mean 97-10 and not 97-19) and a Randall and a dozen Pearson no 6, but I'm over in Oz so no good to you. Love to see what you turn up. There is another machine that also interests me, its a Singer 98-3, it was used to sew sidewalls onto the treads of old tyres many years ago. I'll attach a photo along with a photo of a recent purchase, its a Pearson no 6 with a near complete brass and copper heating system, I'm pretty excited about it.

Regards Steve

post-19343-0-39635500-1381656191_thumb.j

post-19343-0-31150400-1381656742_thumb.j

Steve,

That's a nice find, yes you are correct I mean to say Singer 97-10. I have gotten 0 responses but will wait and see also posted on Leatherpros and Proleptic. Steve, if I'm not mistaken you have a Seiko CH series (441) how's the stitch any better than the clone?

Ralph

HI Ralph, hope you get more response, maybe takes some time for people to log on and have a browse around. Yes I had a Seiko CH-8B, it was like the Rolls Royce of machines, most of my machines are for sale, that means I can keep buying more. Really there was no comparison between it and the 441 clones that I've had here or seen at other people's premises. It was heavier, smoother, higher quality in every way. Even things that are identical like the bobbin winder was a whole different ball game, it didn't bend when you push the bobbon on.....

Its limit was 3/4", that was the presser foot opening and t sewed right up to that without any faltering. I've only had two of these machines and loved them both. I'm retired now apart from the machines, but when I was an upholsterer/motor trimmer I never had a good machine, always had worn out old wrecks, no walking foot, no needle feed, no reverse, too busy putting money into the family and the horses and travel. Its only now that I can enjoy these kind of machines. However even with crumby machines I still did my upholstery work, vintage and muscle cars, tennis nets, tarps, awnings, saddles, harness, golf buggy covers, boat biminis, seating for whale watching fleets, even did sets of drum covers for bands like AD/DC.

Ralph, I often put things on this site because it helps me get the word out on my collection, it gets quickly picked up by Google. So whilst I enjoy the friendship when you see me listing machines and mentioning things that we've already spoken about I'm not really just bragging, I hoping to let people know the collection is here to view.

Best Regards Steve

Steve, that 98-3 is something. Man i would love to see it running.

I need to do a trip up and see you, but you real should consider getting some quality video shot of you collection.

You are saved in my favorite sellers and i am always anxious to see what you post next. Half the fun is trying to pick out the machines in the background.

Tony

Edited by Undeadzombiehunter

Steve,

Definitely I am thinking about seeing the collection next year I have never traveled anywhere that far and this would be worth it. That seems to be the way life works when you really want something and need it it's very hard to acquire but when you don't really need it it's relatively easy to get. Even better as there are still about 5 important machines you need to add to your collection hope this gets you eager enough to hunt them down. The ones I have not seen for sale yet are. Bauers and Bosworths other than that I think I've came around every other machine for sale at a fair price with the Cyclone being the most expensive. Just don't sell a machine you don't have another of or one with a complete heating element because those are very very rare and when someone has them they are usually a barn find and want a pretty penny for it. The Pearson here for sale was now reduced 3500 still a little too much it does have a hearing element but I do not believe its complete. Maybe someday it'll become affordable when seller realizes no one will pay that much for it. Well the best for all!

Ralph

HI Ralph, I'd forget that no 6 unless it drops to or below 2000, that should be enough in the US, here they are dearer, but thats cos we're an island and everything has to be imported. There are two other machines of interest, one is a copy of the no 6 and called a Samco and the other is a Jones and is a copy of the no 2. .... don't see too many around.

As Tony says I need to get some video of the machines, also I think if you do some you tube stuff you get higher up on the search lists.

I know what you mean about things always being somewhere else...I always hear about these wonderful sales with so many great machines, but no matter how much I search I can't seem to find these things..grrrr

Best Regards STeve

Hi Tony, your shuttle went off the other day just in case you haven't recieved it and are wondering whether I posted it..... Yes we'd love to see you up here in Bundy, I love people looking at my machines, though I get a bit embarrassed sometimes at the state of them and the poor display facilities that I have.

You're right I've been thinking about video of the machines running for some time and also a blog. I started what I thought was a Google sponsered blog called blogger a few days ago but it doesn't seem to be picked up by the google search engine, I"m a bit backward on these things.

My gear on ebay goes around and around, just every now and then I put on something new, I use the free ad facility so usually just run the core machines to try to maintain some income to fund my purchasing.

Regards Steve

If or when I get up there i will bring my cameras, and would be happy to shot video and high quality images for you.

Post your blog link here and lets all see it. In many cases the more hits on the site the better it gets referenced.

Tony

Steve,

I am talking with some guy about a Lanids 3 For Sale I had good leads on some really cheap ones but they have sold now. This new lead has rebuilt his Landis 3 and has the original stand that these machines sat on before they even had motors on them it's sort of like a bicycle pedal one but this one you just move your foot up and down and this is how it power your Landis 3 he does want a pretty penny for it but its worth it being all original. I will let you know what happens with this one. Take care!

Ralph

Ralph, I have a Randall that I would sell, it was last used about 5 years ago and needs a serious cleaning. I am heading to Santa Ynez for a ranch roping on 10/26-27. Is that close enough to you that you might be able to drive down to see it if I bring it with me? I have the machine and a huge amount of spare parts in a small drawer cabinet. The old table was homemade and would not be easily transported, so you would need a new power source and table from Campbell/Randall. Let me know if you're interested. If you give me an email, it would be easier for me to send you photos of the machine and all the parts I have.

Tom

Edited by harrington

Tom PM Sent

Steve,

I am talking with some guy about a Lanids 3 For Sale I had good leads on some really cheap ones but they have sold now. This new lead has rebuilt his Landis 3 and has the original stand that these machines sat on before they even had motors on them it's sort of like a bicycle pedal one but this one you just move your foot up and down and this is how it power your Landis 3 he does want a pretty penny for it but its worth it being all original. I will let you know what happens with this one. Take care!

Ralph

HI, yep can't say what would be a good price. I paid a combined amount for the Randall in England and got a Pearsno no 6 bobbin winder, 2x floor standing riveters and a floor standing guillotine..... just how you'd break it down is hard to say. On your travels if you happen to come across Pearson and Landis #1 treadles I'd love to have them as spares as they often get broken in shipment.

I have a Singer 97-10 for sale near Chicago. See picture in Sewing Machines forum

Ralph,

I don't know if you have found a 3 yet but I have one that I am going to sell that is in very good shap, I bought it from a saddle makers family after he past away ,who lived in Cedarville Ca. . It has a table with a clutch motor from cambell and Randall ,it also comes with an electric bobbin winder and a nice chap table.

I am selling it because I have 3 #3 machine . I live in Lakeview Or. , I will be going to red bluff at the end of the month. I am asking 3850 or possible part trade for a #6 pearson ,Randall neddle and awl in good working order.

Best wishes

Mario

post-42726-0-42557100-1389076247_thumb.j