Singermania

Unknown Singer

HI, can anyone recognize this Singer?.. It stands about 46cm high or about 18 inches. Can't read the model number....

post-19343-0-98630200-1382132836_thumb.j

Its a 123w class machine. It is a needle feed with vibrating presser meant for leather stitching usually. No feed dog.

thanks mate, appreciate that, Steve

You are entirely welcome Steve. I enjoy reading your posts.

Dave

Steve,

Check this out you might enjoy it.

Ralph

http://parts.singerco.com/IPpartCharts/123W.pdf

HI Dave and Ralph,

Yes you can see the feet move and now the needle feed....hmmm.. interesting shape of the machine, Singer has other machines with narrow throats that will sew belts etc, I wonder what do you think this machine is designed specifically to do as it is so different to its other machines.

I like writing into leatherworker and seeing all the different points of view. I also read the leather making forums from time to time too, but don't say anything as I'm not a saddler or learther artisan, just someone that has done repair work in that field.

Regards Steve

I owned one of the 123 models for about 5 years. I mounted it onto a 12" x 12" board, attached a domestic motor and belt, put the speed control pedal on the floor and took it on the road with me. The machine uses #69 bonded nylon thread and can sew about 1/4 inch, or slightly higher of medium density leather. I used it to sew belts and vests, plus a couple of ambitious holster projects. It only sews forward, so I learned to just lift the foot, pull the work forward and sew through the same holes to lock the stitches. There is pretty much no turning the work around with the tiny 4" work space.

When I bought the machine I asked the dealer what it was designed to do. He told me it was an early type of bag closer machine.

Edited by Wizcrafts