A am trying to figure out which blue gun model matches Taurus 709 slim. I was on the bluegunstore site and rings site and saw one that was close but it looked like it the BG had 3 buttons on the slide and the photo of the 709 slim had 2 I think.

Charles,call Duncans they had a Taurus 709 slim on their July inventory list. There phone number is 989.894.6691

Oh wow cool. I will give them a cam this coming week. Thanks Camano Ridge! How do that compare price wise with BG's? I am also curious as to how they hold up to forming being metal in a wet environment. I love the whole idea of recycling stuff and repurposing it. I am just curious from a logistical standpoint.

They are cast aluminum damp leather is not going to hurt them I have several Duncans. As to quality I have to say it is not alway on par with BG. However I have found that when I call to order if I ask that some one inspect the gun before it is sent I usualy get a decent one. If you search duncans on this site you will find a few examples that were not good. Having said that I have had a couple of blue guns that had some pronblems also. There is another company they are small but expanding their inventory. The ones I have bought from them have beend very detailed excelent quality and include sight track. Heres their posting http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=48865

Edited by camano ridge

I ended up buying one, and the PT 111 G2. The G2 has already paid for itself, or close to it. I don't do that often, but I've done it a few times. As good an excuse as any to buy another pistol. hehe Oddly, the 709s did very well for me when I made extras from a customers gun. Now that I have my own it's kinda been a flop. But my wife is now eyeing it as a carry gun so maybe not all was lost.

I really should check Duncan's next time.

They are cast aluminum damp leather is not going to hurt them I have several Duncans. As to quality I have to say it is not alway on par with BG. However I have found that when I call to order if I ask that some one inspect the gun before it is sent I usualy get a decent one. If you search duncans on this site you will find a few examples that were not good. Having said that I have had a couple of blue guns that had some pronblems also. There is another company they are small but expanding their inventory. The ones I have bought from them have beend very detailed excelent quality and include sight track. Heres their posting http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=48865

I have heard that about Duncan's. I have been lucky I guess so far with BG so far no issues. I will remember the tip tip on ordering Duncan's though.