rawhide1

Roo bracelet

Here's a bracelet I just finished. The body is a 8 strand braid with 1/16" roo strings. The knots are 1/32" rawhide with the two knots towards the center having a roo interweave. I thought the knots with the interweave looked pretty good to my naked eye. But then I used the macro feature on them and they don't look as good as I thought. Such is life. Any and all input welcomed Thanks MikeIMG_0161.JPGIMG_0160.JPGIMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

post-4953-1200888624_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1200888793_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1200888901_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1200888981_thumb.jpg

pretty impressive!

i think it looks great!

you must have some serious time invested in it

Hey Mike, Nice job. It's good to see you strike out and try braiding with smaller strings. I like the style of bracelet. Do you use a fid or a lacing needle?Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

Be not selfish in your doings Pass it ON
Bob Marley - Pass it on.Hey Mike, Nice job. It's good to see you strike out and try braiding with smaller strings. I like the style of bracelet. Do you use a fid or a lacing needle?Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell
Be not selfish in your doings Pass it ON
Bob Marley - Pass it on.

WOW, 1/32" that's small, I wouldn't be able to see that, very very nicely done.

Ken

Very nice! It would not have occured to me to use rawhide and roo together, yet look how cool it is. Great idea!

Oh man, can I ever relate to having it look different under magnification. But you got it right, at least you don't have to go back and re-tie it! You should be very happy, it's hard to work small.

Is it adjustable, or one size fits all?

Pretty slick looking work. Do you make your own rawhide and are those big knots multiple string knots or something else?

Rob

Mike-great looking bracelet--I like the rawhide/roo combination. Probably with wear and use, the combo will even look better. I'm with the rest of the guys here--good to see smaller strings, great work. Are the knots built up or over a core??

Charlie

I would like to thank everybody for their comments

Beezachoppa i'am emberassed to say but probaly 8-10hrs it's the first time i've used strings that small. So hopefully i'll get faster.

Mr. Bell I hate to let this out but I use my wifes stitch riper! I need to eather buy a small fid or make one. I would like to do some work with 1/64th" strings but I think I need to get one of those visor things that horsehairBraider uses.

HorsehairBraider on this one it's just one size.

rgerbitz I haven't made my own rawhide yet but hope to real soon. I have some precut 1/4" cow and some 1/8",1/16" calf from Bill Confer. So I split that down and cut it to what ever width I need. I just got my string cutter/bevler a week or two ago from Bryan Neubert so i'm ready to make some rawhide. The knots are a single strand two turn long pineapple.

CharlieR The knots are built over a groundwork of tape and I think roo looks better the more age and wear it gets on it.

Once again I want to thank everybody for their comments Mike