texback

Airbrushing Neatsfoot Oil

For those that airbrush neatsfoot oil, do you shoot it on straight or do you reduce it with anything? I know about reducing dyes and finishes but searched for an answer here on neatsfoot oil and couldn't find one, although the posts I did see it appeared the oil was straight. Thanks in advance.

Why airbrush the oil? It's fairly easy to apply a thin layer of oil with some sheepskin. It soaks in, so it doesn't streak or anything.

Personally, I would not put it in my airbrush because it would be a pain to clean. I also don't know how well it would spray.

I've seen people ask about airbrushing oil, but I've never seen anybody doing it. As Lightingale said, there's really no point.

If you think it will save time I don't believe it will. I just put a little oit on a rag or even my fingers rub a light coat on and your done. With tha air brush you pour it in your resavoir spray it and take about as much time as rubbing it on. Now you have to clean it up. If you don't it may have an affect the next time you spray dye on something.

I wouldn't airbrush oil. In fact, I would not use any applicator except my hands. I over oiled a project once and ended up having to redo the entire thing. Now I oil strictly by naked hands.

The only thing I know to screw up neats foot is putting it on too thin and not get full coverage.

I have had sucess with a foam brush to apply neats foot oil. Like Red Cent said you can't screw it up unless you put too little on.

Yeah, until you put too much on and either over-saturate your work - causing rot by breaking the fibers down, or get it on so heavy it darkens your work up when you needed it to be lighter.