Sign in to follow this  
piddler

Demo Guns

I have a couple of Blackhawk mold, a J frame and a Beretta 92 have used both and they worked just fine. Size seemed to be accurate the real guns fit the holsters perfectly. Did not know Cabellas had them. Your right the Black Hawk line is limited.

Edited by camano ridge

Nice find. The Beretta can be found just about anywhere for next to nothing but the others are a good price.

I would steer clear of the glock 17 version, the one I got isn't even close to the right size(width,length,height), the other versions that have already been named are accurate in dimensions.

Circle T

Thanks Guys. So far I have been having the customer provide the blue gun as part of the purchase price, but I am starting to get a quite a few orders and want to build up my "stash". Anyone know if Ring's or any of the other major suppliers offer discounts on say orders of 10 or so?

Yes they do. Rob at thebluegunstore.com has 5% off on orders over $250.00 and 10% on orders over $500.00. He just changed his price structure and shipping is now included. If you know what you want you might check with him Also I think he has a list of the most common ordered Blue guns. THat might be of help to you also. I think Rings offers a quanity discount as well you will have to check with them.

Any one know if the 1911 will work for a commander?

Edited by glockanator

Comander is 4.25 barrel the blackhawk 1911 is a full 5" barrel

Because the Commander has a full sized grip frame, it shares grips, magazines, mainspring housings and grip safeties with the Government Model. All parts with the exception of the barrels, slides bushings and recoil springs, plugs and guides swap out between the two. Although on a quick inspection, it appears a Commander slide can be placed on a Government Model frame to convert the gun, the dust cover of the Commander frame is shorter to correspond with the shorter slide. The slide will fit, but the dustcover will be too long. If the reverse swap is done, the recoil spring will be exposed.

Edited by camano ridge

I would steer clear of the glock 17 version, the one I got isn't even close to the right size(width,length,height), the other versions that have already been named are accurate in dimensions.

Circle T

I've got a Blackhawk G-17 and have used it to mold dozens of Glock Holsters. It's dimensions don't seem any different than my Ring's Glocks.

tk

I've got a Blackhawk G-17 and have used it to mold dozens of Glock Holsters. It's dimensions don't seem any different than my Ring's Glocks.

tk

Guess I ended up with a bad one then, it bite me in the hind end on a custom pancake style with rattle snake inlay and a bunch of gun show avenger style holsters, lesson learned, now I check all my mold guns against manufacturers specs.

circlet

Edited by circlet