Shmea

Anyone Recognize This Machine?

I am looking at buying an industrial walking foot machine and this is one of the options I am looking at. There is a local fellow that imports them and has his own brand put on it. He calls it the Mach 2 but I assume that it is just a clone of something else. The advantage of this machine for me is that it is new, local and he will service what he sells. However, my concerns are that if I try to resell it no one will have heard of this brand and I worry that I will only be able to get parts for it through him if I don't know what it is, which may be expensive and unavailable if he closes up shop.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Shmea

mk2-FB-large.jpg

Looks like a Juki DDL 5500 or so. There are many clones of this machine type on the market. Over here recently one sold for just 73€ on Ebay but it was just the head. Brand was STITCHER. Never heard of it before but it was brand new.

www.ebay.de/itm/151177167875

Ask your dealer what it is cloned after. With that information you can discover what parts are available for it.

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated! It does look exactly like the Highlead, You can't tell in the picture but even the table is the same. So from what I have read in previous posts I may want to get the clutch replaced with a servo motor. Is this the kind of thing that one should leave to the professionals or is it a relatively simple matter?

Yes,changing the motor isn't that hard to do.The servos all have the same 3 bolts & mount in the same holes as yours & they come w/wires & new switch.

Thanks, that sounds like something I can manage.

Will the dealer not offer a servo motor instead of the clutch motor?

I found that same machine second hand so I am not buying directly from the dealer. I could see if he is willing to switch it out though.

Sometimes it is easier to flip the table on its back to change motors and wiring. Take the machine head off completely, as well as the thread stand and remove the accessory drawer. Clean the oli pan with a paper towel, then flip it on its back side. You may need to use a vise grip to hold the carriage bolt heads as you loosen the nuts under the motor mounting brackets.

I picked up the machine yesterday. She is a beauty. The previous owner said the brand was "tank" (at least I think that is what she said). I can't find any info on a brand by that name. Perhaps I am spelling it wrong? Has anyone heard of that brand?

Leightons in Canada sold a series of machines called the "Mach" series.

Pretty sure from the photo that it is a Mach 2 sold by Leightons in Canada.

It is a High lead Model 0618 machine. Same to Cobra Class 18 same to Artisan 618 same to Cowboy 0618.

All same machines.

Only thing to look for on these machines is if they have the safety clutch. Some do and some do not.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Leightons in Canada sold a series of machines called the "Mach" series.

Pretty sure from the photo that it is a Mach 2 sold by Leightons in Canada.

It is a High lead Model 0618 machine. Same to Cobra Class 18 same to Artisan 618 same to Cowboy 0618.

All same machines.

Only thing to look for on these machines is if they have the safety clutch. Some do and some do not.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Thanks! That is exactly where she said she got it. It does have a safety clutch. So far I am really pleased.

Brand names really are not relevant. The 0618 class is essentially a Mitsubishi walking foot with an "M" class bobbin and 192/193 series feet.One of the big things to check is that the shuttle positioning finger is where it should be as quite often they are right on the edge of the shuttle if the dealer has not set up the machine properly.