VanDutch

Leatherwork Courses In Australia

Hi.

In Australia and would consider a Saddle making course for the skillset. I have found that the saddle making courses here in Australia are ridiculously expensive. For example a 1 week course for $7,000 (includes materials) .

Compare this to courses available in the US. A 5 week course incl accommodation for less $cost. I think I’d learn a lot more in 5 weeks than 1.

Does anybody know of where to find a good course here in Australia.

Cheers

Frans

have you tried contacting Peter Main?? he lives in houston now but he i an endless source of help

I was just looking into this myself and thinking the same thing! I'm in NZ and thought "hey it might be easier to shoot over the ditch" but the courses seem much different there than one's offered in America.

I was going to ask if anyone had done a course through the Tasmanian Saddlery school or through Eddy Powell's Saddlery school. Their websites (or blurbs) don't offer much information at all about times or prices etc.

Cheers

I don't know if this course will be offered at the next dimensions in leather, but if might be worth contacting Cherryl to enquire.

http://www.dimensionsinleather.com/workshops06.htm

Go on a holiday to the USA mate, reasonable prices are just not available here. A sad but true reality.

Try giving East Coast Leather in Brisbane a call. They often host workshops and have a saddlers group meet there regularly so should be able to help.