Sign in to follow this  
MadHatter

Claes 20 For Sale

I am selling my Claes 20. It is in like new condition and comes with extra bobbins and needles. It is on the standard motor stand with a gear reduction drive that works very well. I have had it about 8 years but used it very occasionally. I bought it reconditioned by a reputable dealership. It works well and is, as they say, The "Cadillac of Shoe Patchers".

The 20 is the small bobbin machine with a 19.5 long arm to get way into very tight spots.

I am asking $3800 with local pick up in Kalamazoo Michigan. Shippping this would be an extra charge. I really prefer a face to face pick up. I can be reached at 269 207 9688

peace,

ed

Any pictures of the machine Ed? Heard good things about them, but never used one!

My machine is on the "seated user" stand. It was totally reconditioned and repainted so it looks like new but with a very little use. It is in perfect running condition. I will try to get togeter some pictures in the next few days. I am handicapped so it is hard for me to move things around in my shop.

It is what is known as a walking needle machine. Very easy to use and adjust the hight of foot lift for each stich and presure on material being sewn. Stitch lenth is adjustable by actually adjusting the stitch lenth as apposed to the way it is adjusted on the cheaper machines in this class which use a hight of foot set screw to addjust stitch lenght. Claes gives a much more accurate stitch than any other patch I have ever used. Friends in my area who are shoe repair guys, I am mostly a leather tailor, come over to use my Claes on especially harder jobs. This is a very nice machine for a reapir shop.

The list price for this machine is like $6800 but they can be bought new for just uner $6k. Used ones in any conndition are hard to come by. I waited on a list for over a year to buy mine. I personaly don't use it enough to justify the space it is taking in my small workshop and coulduse the money to buy a different stitcher that makes more sense for my particular business.

I would like to get out of it just what I have into it minus the money I spent for the extra bobbins and needles which are not cheap for this machine.

I am very interested in this machine. I will send you a PM with my contact info.

I forgot to ad that the stand for my machine is the "sit down" model

Is machine still available?