So I finally got around to start making belts. I did this one for a friend and now I've ordered a bunch of buckles up to make them for sale. Still getting the hang of sizing them correctly but I think these will be good sellers!

Cheers,

Andy

post-8183-0-26837000-1390350342_thumb.jp

Yep I really like your distinctive colouring, you have established a nice overall style too! Good luck explaining to the general population why your belt is a bit more expensive than that vinyl one they can get from china! ;)

I agree, great looking belt and your style shines through on it. Very distinctive.

I am sure you won't have to waste a second on the person who doesn't want to pay for it, the guy lined up behind him will.

I am sure you won't have to waste a second on the person who doesn't want to pay for it, the guy lined up behind him will.

Lol true.. "NEXT!"

I love that look, Andy! Nice!

Thanks!

I agree, great looking belt and your style shines through on it. Very distinctive.

Yes, I think priced just right I'll have no worries. It's all about finding that "sweet spot" in the price range.

Yep I really like your distinctive colouring, you have established a nice overall style too! Good luck explaining to the general population why your belt is a bit more expensive than that vinyl one they can get from china! ;)

Thanks! I think I'll just say "buy this or that P.O.S. vinyl one from China." Haha! Now I have 50 buckles that just came in... gotta take some good photos and get these sold!

Edited by AndyL1

yeh, i just got burnt up the other day. I went to a touristy trinket shop and they were selling locally handmade leather items such as veg tanned plain belts stiched and everything for $30 australian (about $35 american) The work wasnt artisan but it was really solid for the price. When i spoke to the shop assistant I commented on the very cheap price and she started off on this diatribe about this guy that came in the other day and gave her grief for her very high prices.. Made me a bit sad and i guess seeing your lovely belt brought that back. Customer service is the worst and i speak from experience.

I think its about finding an educated market. I just make stuff for friends and most wouldnt be willing to pay even cost price for the materials but alot of older blokes at work remember a time when a belt could last you 20 -30 years and happily pay whatever. I even give them a lifetime warranty (if they are old enough) :D

I have noticed quite a few posts of your work on Pinterest. Most of it comes from photos.

You might want to set up a Blackthorn Leather board for a presence there.

Just saying

wher do you get your money clips if you don't mine me asking

and your belt looks good to

I have noticed quite a few posts of your work on Pinterest. Most of it comes from photos.

You might want to set up a Blackthorn Leather board for a presence there.

Just saying

I do have a profile on Pinterest, but I haven't really set it up fully as I've been too busy. I'm not even really sure how it works, that's how infrequently I go on there. Now that you've told me this I think I'll look into it more. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh and TomT, glad you like my work! I won't say where I get my clips (a little professional secret if you don't mind)... But I will say Google is your friend! Lol!

Edited by AndyL1

AndyL1, Are those copper rivets on the belt? Nice belt and nice Brand placement

AndyL1, Are those copper rivets on the belt? Nice belt and nice Brand placement

They are Line 24 snaps in an antiqued pewter and match the finish of the buckle. I put snaps on there because this is one of two belts (the 2nd is black) and I wanted him to be able to swap the buckle out.

I think on the ones I actually sell (this was a gift) I may just rivet the buckle in.

Edited by AndyL1