This is a holster for a Ruger revolver that I have put together over the past three days. It is a practice one because I have a sneaking suspicion I measured wrong and it has ended up too small in the width, for the customers pistol. I will find out today when he brings it back for a test fit. I think it turned out well and if it is the wrong size it was good practice as I have not made this style before. It started out as a pattern for a law dog by Will Ghormley, I still need to incorporate a retention strap to hold it against the bib and a thumb strap for the hammer. If it works then it is time to start the cartridge belt of the set.

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

post-4868-1223212126_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1223212283_thumb.jpg

It looks good Jordan!

Art

I like it. I hope it does fit, because that looks like a lot of work.

Edited by BOOMSTICKHolsters

My suspicion was right I was off by 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the opening and cylinder area. The Ruger 44 mag was thicker in the cylinder area and wider between the sight and the trigger guard than I originally figured. Sooo.... I made a new pattern and paid extra close attention this time. I think the 1st one will fit another smaller cal. revolver just fine and the experience was worth it. Practice practice practice makes better. LOL. I'll get it right even if I to eat steak the rest of my days! :rofl::bike:

Nice job Jordan!

Fine looking basketweave!

Measurements and figuring them out is a pain especially when you don't have the object to fit availabe to check with as you go along so good try anyways.

Tom

Hey, great looking holster, too bad it won't fit the intended gun. I know how annoying that is. I have been using my PC lately to capture photos from the internet, from catalogs, or other sources. The info, usually includes the overall length, or some other dimension that I can identify. I then use Photoshop Elements or other photo program to enlarge the photo and use the rulers on screen until I get that dimension right. Then, I print out a full sized print, and I at least have everything but the width dimensions. It's not perfect, but it helps keep me out of trouble, at least some times. John

That's a FINE holster! Basketweave is nice and straight ... That's my next project... holster for an old .38 long barrel.....

Jordan,

May just be me, but couldn't you add a welt to the top of the holster and make it fit the revolver? Just a thought; that's a nice looking holster you made.

Silly me, built another one proper size but made the classic mistake of rushing and this morning I went into the shop looked at it and realized I made a lefty. Third times the charm as they say. :rofl:

Forgot a photo here it is

hP1010008.JPG

post-4868-1223399059_thumb.jpg

Great job Jordan,

Both look good and great job on the basket weaving and edging.