Just a hat in an altered medieval "pillbox"-design with some tooling added. made of about 2,5mm veg. Cowhide and some sturgeon . The top is made of wool. I kind of like it, even if the stitching line on the back is anything but perfect... gonna work on that ^^.

I just hope you like it.

12444818424_cbc06ca98b_n.jpg 12444346895_f5e2f531cf_n.jpg12444490653_5e836557e7_n.jpg12444311855_2967dfdf07_n.jpg

(as normal - click to enlarge)

Edited by Sona

I love the stitch work! I'm still working on that backstictch myself. I think your piece looks great!

Thanks a lot. The stitch-line may be a result of my new pricking iron (yehaa! ^^) it´s an 8/8 from blanchard (plus a 8/2, but I didn´t need it on this project). Actually I´ll go for another with 6 SPI when I got the money... for sure ^^.

Yeah, the backside was quite a problem I discovored too late. I use a stitching clamp (not a pony), so I just see the front plus I had to bend the leather over the folded wool while stitching. I glued the wool to the mainpart, so I had it locked in place, but either I should have stitched a bit more careful or I just need some more practice with the clamp.

But as I said, I am quite satisfied with the result ;)