ACarver

Centering Thread

I have cobra 4 and I have sewing lot of horse harness nicely. but now the thread is not in the center of holes, its been pulled to the right?!!!any advice is appreciated, noted that I have not changed thread size or the needle size, I use #24 with bounded nylon #207.

DSC_0020.JPG

post-17559-0-03513000-1392651418_thumb.j

It appears to me that your needle is too large for one thing. The type needle you are sewing with makes a hole that provides you with a saddle stitch. That stitch will of course have one thread high in the hole and one low, making the saddle style stitch.

Don't know exactly why you got a straight line stitch previously.

ferg

207 does work with a #24 but I usually use a #23

Looks to me like the needle is dull.

Dan

Use a #23 needle

It looks like you might be using a TRI point,try either a D or S point & it'll look alot nicer.

thanks all for your response, I really appreciate all feedback. I'm using new ORGAN 7x4NW(Yx3LL) that been provided with my cobra 4. I have no issue like this before with same combination. its was stitching nicely. I tried to use #23 and I got stair look stitches which I don't like in long harness straps. you can see in the attached photo an old harness strap I stitched with #24 and #207. thanks again all.

DSC_0021.JPG

post-17559-0-91545800-1392657684_thumb.j

Hello. I agree with all of the above comments, but here is another one. Make sure your needle is new and it is in straight. On another note......if you twist the needle ever so slightly, the point will enter the leather at a different angle. When you normally insert the needle, the long groove is on the left, and the scarf is on the right, like 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock, but if you twist the needle to 8 to 2, or 10 to 4, you will get a different result. If you twist it too far the machine will skip. You can try this technique on many different machines. Steve