Django57

Lighting For Close Up Work ?

Bought myself one of these from Ikea as the old eyesight isn't what it used to be , just wondering what sort of bulb you would recommend ? the one i bought with the light is a bit yellow sort of wishy washy need some thing that illuminates in and around where i'm working .

http://www.ikea.com/es/es/catalog/products/60370183/

You can get various types of lamps to suit your preferences. Compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) are available in warm, daylight, and one that has a distinctly blue cast which I can't stand. Good old tungsten lamps are yellowish, but we are accustomed to that so think it is relatively normal.

I use OTT-Lite. Have a desk and floor lamp with daylight type bulbs in them. I find them to be quite helpful for my work, including doing paperwork. http://www.ottlite.com/ They are available in most big box stores.

They have bulbs/lamps that fit regular bases too.

Tom

Thanks nothmount what to do you think of the LED bulbs you can buy now?

LED bulbs may be the way of the future, and they are getting to be quite good, but still too expensive for my tastes. I liked the Ott lite but ended up buying a cheap little desk lamp with an adjustable neck and a base that holds tools like my stylus and modeling spoon, etc. I chose a CFL where I had a display with examples of each, so I could see which one looked the most 'natural' and I could decide which one I wanted.

I agree LEDs are too expensive yet. Colour is improving, but the ones I've seen are not for me! You need to test them (or any others you are considering) to determine if their colour rendition is suitable for you and the type of work. Especially when trying to determine the colours of dye and how they appear.

Tom

I use a LED headlamp for focused stuff like stitching and tooling.

There are a ton of different ones, not very expensive.

Along with your desk lamp,should give no shadow lighting