Babbs

Techsew Cylinder 2700 Vs 2700 Pro

I am still trying to decide on a sewing machine purchase.... I need to be able to sew heavy leather dog collars, nylon dog collars and leather purses. I have sewing machine experience but not on the commercial machines. I am considering the Techsew 2700 or the 2700 Pro. Just wondering if anyone has these machines and what they think of them ?? I am wondering if it's worth the extra to go with the 2700 Pro , for the extra cost of $545.00 more ? It's a big investment to me right now, just want to make sure I get the right machine as with the tax and shipping cost it adds up quickly. Also, I have been reading about the speed reducers and am wondering if this is needed for this machine ? Thanks !

Why not just call Techsew? They can explain what machine would be best suited for your work. That's what they are there for.

The cost difference is small if you cost out the added features individually. So you need to decide if you need those features or not. If you are doing a high volume of work, the needle position system is really nice to have.

If you are sewing hard temper 8 oz (or more), you will want to get a speed reducer as well if you want to sew really slow going around corners, etc.

The Techsew 2700 is the same basic unit as the Cowboy 227.

One advantage of buying in Canada (for Canadians of course) is eliminating the costs of brokerage charges unless you do your own customs clearance. UPS and Fedex work on a percentage fee for brokerage. If you ever have to ship the head back for any reason, dealing with a Canadian dealer removes the obstacles of clearing customs in both directions.

I have a 2700. I have added a speed reducer pulley set, a drop-down edge guide, and a LED light above the needle. Make sure you get left and right toe presser feet. Also get leather-point needles.

I have no complaints with Techsew or the machine. I have thought different times that the EPS would be nice, but I don't do high volume work.

Tom