BondoBobCustomSaddles

Latest Saddle Off The Bench

Beautiful!!

That saddle looks great, and I'm sure she will be very proud riding that around the arena!

Bob

Oh my goodness!! That saddle is beautiful! Looks like it would be super comfortable to ride in too. AWESOME job!!

Thanks again to all for the kind comments.

Bob

Unbelievable ! i can only hope and pray that some day ill have half your skill

Very inspiring! I would love to be a saddle maker some day. Right now I am making Gunbelts and not sure what it will take to jump over to saddles. Im thinking either or a saddle making school or learning to make holsters.

Either way, this is a beautiful saddle and it inspires me. Thank you for sharing!

Wow.....simply amazing job! I want to be that good one day...lol.

That's absolutely amazing! Great work!

Nice job Bob!

Just saw it for the first time.

Making saddles for kids---- just makes you feel good inside :). Regards Billy

Hey Bob,

I was looking at your saddle again. You really put some hard work in this one!

I will refrain from showing it to my wife as she is is a Bowman fan with a a small horn and cushy padded seat. I have only done one saddle with a padded seat and found it to be a pain in the b-- to get in. If she sees this one she will insist that I build her something similar.

You have a certain look to your saddles, like from old western movies that I find really cool. Maybe because I like old western movies ( Red River ) comes to mind. I think you could market well with that look. Just a thought :)

Hey Bob,

I was looking at your saddle again. You really put some hard work in this one!

I will refrain from showing it to my wife as she is is a Bowman fan with a a small horn and cushy padded seat. I have only done one saddle with a padded seat and found it to be a pain in the b-- to get in. If she sees this one she will insist that I build her something similar.

You have a certain look to your saddles, like from old western movies that I find really cool. Maybe because I like old western movies ( Red River ) comes to mind. I think you could market well with that look. Just a thought :)

Thanks Billy for the comments. Actually, I am kinda old and this just looks to me like it is how saddles should look. You are probably right about that movie. I have almost all of the John Wayne movies and quite a few of the Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, and Jimmy Stewart too. I watch them all the time, I find myself always looking at the saddles in them, even stopping the film and going back and forth, just to get a good look at them. As for marketing the look, I have a pretty good private clientele that keeps me as busy as I want to be. Seems like just about the time a finish one, I have another order going. By the way I just finished up the fenders on one I am currently making. As soon as I get them on the stretcher I'll post for you to see. Hope you like.

Bob

Thanks Billy for the comments. Actually, I am kinda old and this just looks to me like it is how saddles should look. You are probably right about that movie. I have almost all of the John Wayne movies and quite a few of the Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, and Jimmy Stewart too. I watch them all the time, I find myself always looking at the saddles in them, even stopping the film and going back and forth, just to get a good look at them. As for marketing the look, I have a pretty good private clientele that keeps me as busy as I want to be. Seems like just about the time a finish one, I have another order going. By the way I just finished up the fenders on one I am currently making. As soon as I get them on the stretcher I'll post for you to see. Hope you like.

Bob

Billy, here are a couple of pics of those fenders on the stretcher. Color is a little darker than they will end up due to the wetness. You can get the idea though. Hope you like.

Bob

post-8161-0-43175000-1401914999_thumb.jp

post-8161-0-76926300-1401915003_thumb.jp

Like the look Bob,

But where is the rest of the package? :)

Waiting on the tree to be finished. It should be here soon then I can get going on the rest of it. Trying to get those things done like stirrups, fenders, straps, billets, rear cinch and so on, so when the tree gets here, I can get it last. Always seems like if I don't, I have to remind myself not to rush at the end. When it is done, I'll post it. This one is for a really good customer of mine, it will be fully tooled, simple silver conchos, some personalization with initials in the tooling for the stirrups, and horses name in the roper sleeves on the rear cinch. It will be a nice pleasure rig.

Bob