KnotHead

The Iris Key Fob

Just doin a bit of playin around. This key fob has the traditional trenza de doce braid with the iris knot. 13parts by 8 bights with an Over 2 on top and an Over 3 on bottom.

post-1307-0-36304600-1397117435_thumb.jppost-1307-0-27358400-1397117442_thumb.jppost-1307-0-12231900-1397117446_thumb.jp

Brian...

Nice one, Brian. I like how that knot covers the whole foundation.

Pete

That is very nice. I like the Jade roo. Works great.

Thank you both for the very kind comments. The knot is a design based on 2 other different knots, or at least the main features of 2 other knots. It took me about 3 days and long hours of no sleep hardly because that knot kept me awake. LOL...

Brian...

Very nice Brian. I can appreciate the thought process that went into the knot, although my bright ideas don't usually turn out that nice. Buck

Thank you Buck for the very kind comment.

Brian...

Very nice.....you have incredible patience!

Thank you Fat Dog.

Brian...

How do you figure out that over 2 and over 3 would work? I mean the body of the knot has to be the same, but is there a rule or calculation that lets you know if it will work or is it trial and error? Great job on it.

Edited by Sovran81

Believe it or not and no disrespect or anything like that toward anyone.

I will sometimes be going through my books and looking at different knots. Then I will be sometimes looking through other braiders photo galleries. Then I start to thinking into the wee hours of the night and morning and fall asleep and then even have a dream about it. LOL...

I use a tool called the Grid Maker to work out all the specifications on the design itself once I have the design worked out in my brain.

Brian...

So its a bit of a mix of experience on knots in general and the ability to see into the future. LOVE IT. One day I hope I can do that. I can finally see a pineapple with multiple interweaves as it forms so all hope is not lost. :thumbsup:

Wow, that's excellent how you can formulate a knot like that in your head. On my last couple of whip handles I have tried knots that I haven't done before but I certainly don't think them up beforehand.

A bit more like 'what happens if I do an under here instead of an over on the way down' and then repeat that where necessary to keep the pattern symmetrical.

I'm impressed you can do that in your head!

Pete

Thank you all for the very kind comments.

Brian...