Do you have any tips for getting acceptable results with Fiebing's Pro Oil Dye in Royal Blue? Everything I do ends up so dark. My last attempt was a 50/50 dilution and not only was it still dark, it didn't penetrate well.

How about 1:4 and dip dye?

post-14889-0-71796400-1400881631_thumb.j

I have have experienced the same thing with my Fiebings Royal Blue, it either comes out near black or a washed out color. I have tried diluting from 100% down to 10%, and tried multiple coats with the lower dilutions to bring the color up with no luck, still washed out looking.

Here is a photo: left item is brushed on with 10% solution, 2 coats. Second item is dipped in 10% solution, last item (all the way to the right) is dipped in 25% solution. Nothing that gives the beautiful, vibrant Royal Blue I would expect, or that TomG shows in the photo. What am I missing here?

post-57438-0-47158600-1428610347_thumb.j

YinTx

I was unaware Fiebengs made a white dye? Or is there something else I can mix in that would do the trick?

Thanks,

YinTx

If they don't, you could try the "beige" from their other line of alcohol dyes; or you could ask them if you can mix it with the Tandy white Cova color or the "pearl" Eco-Flow water stain. I'm not sure if there are compatibility issues or not.

What about the fiebings dye reducer? First I'd take the advice of Tom g as he gave photo evidence his method works. I am going to experiment tonight as I have the royal blue and had same problem that I never solved and also have the dye reducer I haven't opened yet. so I'll let you known is it goes

Steve

Edited by steveleather

I have not resolved my issue either, have not had time. But just a note, the photo in my post above was with the fiebings dye reducer. But not dipped. I did try just dipping into the 50/50 solution, no luck, just came out nearly black.

YinTx