novaroper

Juki 563 Out Of Time

I found a juki 563 for sale it has been used alot from what I can see the guy says it is out of time thats why hes selling cheap is that a big deal to get this machine back in timing please help I want to move on this machine but if its junk I dont want it

Most likely it is just the needle bar that has to be adjusted a tiny bit. Thats not a big issue.

An other member had such an issue recently.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=56107

Yours could probably be the same problem.

The screw should be the same as at the Singer 111. The screw is a bit hidden behind the frame but it is there just turn the hand wheel until you can see the screw head in the gap - see picture.

Loosen it and adjust the needle bar the way that the hook meet the needle withing the scarf about 1.6mm above the eye.

Most likely this solves the problem.

post-31854-0-81872200-1402233164_thumb.j

Edited by Constabulary

well I bought the juki 563 it is out of time the hook on the bobbin is at 3-o clock and the needle is down and will not pick up bobbin thread so where do I start the hook is a long way from the needle so I know why it wont pick it up but how do I fix it

Hey Nova.

It may just be the timing that is out a little. Do you have a book that shows how to set up the timing correctly?

Its actually quite easy to do it yourself if you have a few clues.

You do need the book though.

I can get you one if you need it.

Cheers

Trevor

Way Down Under

When the needlebar is all the way down the hook should be @ the 7:00 position.Try taking the screws out of the small gear & see if you can advance it to the next hole to get it correct(somebody might of been playing with it & switched them around)

These are not too hard to adjust- (assumes the timing belt or lower pulley hasn't jumped a tooth). You really should get a good copy of the manual first....but here is the broad brush procedure. Corrections invited!

1. For a rough initial setting on a machine that is too far out to "eyeball" easily: Insert a needle of the most often used size for your normal work. Err on the side of larger. Lay the machine back on its hinges and loosen the two set screws on the larger bevel gear.....the one with the horizontal shaft. Run the screws back in until they very lightly touch the shaft again.

1. Set the machine back upright. Adjust the stitch length to 3.2mm (a longish 1/8th inch). You can test by hand turning the wheel and measuring the distance between the needle holes on a piece of paper.

2. Remove the needle plate. Turn the handwheel until the needlebar is at its lowest point, then turn further until the bar rises 3/32nds inch. Try to preserve that position for the next op.

3. Lay the machine back on the hinges. To get the hook close enough to the needle to set the needle bar height correctly, lightly tap the large bevel gear right or left along its grooved shaft and observe the the movement of the point of the hook. Tap the gear along (without rotating the gear) until the hook's point is at the middle of the needle.

4. Lightly snug the set screws on the gear, and repeat step 2 to verify that the needle bar is accurately at 3/32" above BDC.

The eye of a correctly inserted 135x16 needle should now be 1/16" below the point of the hook. If its not, the needle bar height should now be adjusted until its at that position. The needle bar clamp screw to loosen for this is really the only visible screw attached to the needle bar ;-) Set and re-tighten.

5. The machine is now "roughly" set; You can now repeat the steps and get it "precisely" set, and secure the gear's screws in place.

6. Now check the distance of the hook to the needle. There are two large screws that secure the entire hook/gear assembly casting to the main bed of the machine. Loosen and tap the assembly right or left until the hook is not quite touching the needle. Make sure the hook guard isn't overly deflecting the needle as you cycle it by hand. All good? Tightened?

Good luck---Sew it off and see how it works!

-DC

Edited by SARK9