AndreNL

Adler 20-2, Anyone Here Using It?

Hello Adler fans, I haven't read all the post in this topic. Here is an resource for old Adler documentation http://sew24.blogspot.no/p/downloads.html Quite a few old Adler 20 has turned up for sale lately, it's a couple for sale here in Norway at the moment too; and the prices has dropped pretty much the last years. In the German pdf below you can see what classes/subclasses they made, what year and so on. Some of the cl. 20 had a "monster" foot lift of 40 mm but only bottom feed and jump foot (spring loaded presser foot, not driven). The one with alternating presser foot, 20-19 has only 16 mm foot lift. VanRhodes, I have a little white (very fine) ceramic sharpening stone I use to fix burrs /chips in hook tips. Remember that a feed dog also works as a "lower needle guide" making sure the needle is not pushed away from the hook and cause skipped stitches. I saw yours was not compleete, the needle can be pushed away from the hook (by the material, thread tension and so on). Those cl. 20ˋs  are very strong machines but you got to custom make some pressers for them if you going to use them for leather work, the original ones are very big and clumsy. Happy Eastern, Tor  

hist_kl-1.pdf

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:26 AM, Trox said:

Hello Adler fans, I haven't read all the post in this topic. Here is an resource for old Adler documentation http://sew24.blogspot.no/p/downloads.html Quite a few old Adler 20 has turned up for sale lately, it's a couple for sale here in Norway at the moment too; and the prices has dropped pretty much the last years. In the German pdf below you can see what classes/subclasses they made, what year and so on. Some of the cl. 20 had a "monster" foot lift of 40 mm but only bottom feed and jump foot (spring loaded presser foot, not driven). The one with alternating presser foot, 20-19 has only 16 mm foot lift. VanRhodes, I have a little white (very fine) ceramic sharpening stone I use to fix burrs /chips in hook tips. Remember that a feed dog also works as a "lower needle guide" making sure the needle is not pushed away from the hook and cause skipped stitches. I saw yours was not compleete, the needle can be pushed away from the hook (by the material, thread tension and so on). Those cl. 20ˋs  are very strong machines but you got to custom make some pressers for them if you going to use them for leather work, the original ones are very big and clumsy. Happy Eastern, Tor  

hist_kl-1.pdf

Hello I know I am late to the party but I have an Adler 20 -2 in perfect running order that I use ,have you guys got yours running yet?

DSC06165-001.JPG

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, AngieNZ said:

Hello I know I am late to the party but I have an Adler 20 -2 in perfect running order that I use ,have you guys got yours running yet?

DSC06165-001.JPG

I plan on finishing my restore this summer.

adlerpnt1.jpg.fd3ec875554a661c22585568ea1e8ea2.jpg

On 2014/7/1 at 1:31 PM, AndreNL said:

Hi there,

I'm currently restoring an Adler 20-2 and I have a fully operational and original Adler 20-2. I was wondering if there are any forum members who are familiar in working with these machines since my only experience consist of restoring them.

I'm also looking for some parts but mostly interested in user info on how to thread them, what the machines were used or intended to be used for etc..

I'll post some pics of my machines as soon as possible

André

(The Netherlands)

Adler 20 Barrel shuttle hook is still available, the parts number should be #S980008057