From the grump: This one consisted of two things I (almost always) refuse to do -- lace the edges, and do a hurry-up job. The wife of a longtime friend of my son, asked him if he would/could get me to make this holster for her hubby's birthday. It's a 'range' or 'transport' holster only, ie. one that has no belt loop and is used only for transporting said shooter to and from the range. Mama was worried that if the old man ever got stopped by the popo, he would get his whoosits in a wringer because of the shooter being wrapped in a towel. It seems that the friend had pitched a bitch about not being able to find something to carry it in for so long that the wife finally got sick of hearing it decided to get one made. Of course she didn't know what the hell she wanted other than it was a holster to go from house to range and back. My son came up with this design/idea for the guy's birthday and I did it in a little over a week. Mike

post-10670-0-30712900-1404223044_thumb.j

post-10670-0-12926600-1404223065_thumb.j

Great looking holster Mike! The lace work came out great, maybe you should do more laced holsters.

I just have a few questions regarding the design. Since this is a range/transportation holster, Is there a reason you did not go with a full flap for better protection? I have never seen one, but with the size of this revolver, would it have maybe made sense to incorporate a handle on the holster? Not sure how it would look, but at least it would be easier to carry.

Edited by vaalpens

As usual, . . . top shelf work.

I would have knocked a couple of slots in the back just for the heck of it, . . . just in case someone someday wanted to attach it to a belt, . . . but it wasn't my call, . . . so you did well.

May God bless,

Dwight