Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows where to buy a spring snap die set that fits into the Tandy handpress or Weaver Heritage footpress? The spring snaps or glove snaps I am using are the Tandy kind so they are a bit different than Universal or others.

Thanks!

Check with

BLACK RIVER LASER

They are making dies for these machines now.

I bought a set dies from Ohio Travel Bag along with the bench die holder and the adapter for the upper die and it works.

Check with

BLACK RIVER LASER

They are making dies for these machines now.

I bought a set dies from Ohio Travel Bag along with the bench die holder and the adapter for the upper die and it works.

I checked them out - but looks like they only carry plastic templates. I am looking for the metal die attachments that go into the press - or did I miss something on their store site?

Blackriver Laser is making some of the dies for the Tandy Press, I did a video on Youtube for them demonstrating them. It is at the bottom of the link Tree Reaper provided. I'm not sure if they're making the ones for snaps yet but they will be. Call Joyce. If they are not, why wouldn't you buy them from Tandy or Springfield, etc. the same places where you buy the presses. Weaver carries a full line as well I believe.

Chief

Edited by Chief31794

I got some glove snaps at Tandy today and had already spent several hours looking into this when I saw you post. Take a look at Ohio Travel bag on page 30 and 31. Tandy glove snaps are line 16,10 mm, the ligne 4 dies fit 9.02 mm snaps, the ligne 6 fit 13.53 mm snaps. I'm guessing to fit the Tandy snaps your going to need the ligne 4. I called and the bottom die has a 3/8 shaft and fits the Tandy type press, you will need to get the threaded die converter for the press (page 31). They will not fit the Weaver foot press. I am going to order these tomorrow, I'll let you know if it works.

Ray

I got some glove snaps at Tandy today and had already spent several hours looking into this when I saw you post. Take a look at Ohio Travel bag on page 30 and 31. Tandy glove snaps are line 16,10 mm, the ligne 4 dies fit 9.02 mm snaps, the ligne 6 fit 13.53 mm snaps. I'm guessing to fit the Tandy snaps your going to need the ligne 4. I called and the bottom die has a 3/8 shaft and fits the Tandy type press, you will need to get the threaded die converter for the press (page 31). They will not fit the Weaver foot press. I am going to order these tomorrow, I'll let you know if it works.

Ray

Thanks Ray - yeah, let me know how it works out for you. I am a little confused on the parts - can you give part numbers instead?

Thanks!