Had a customer that wanted a sheath to replace his worn out cardboard and duct tape one (I didn't ask why, not my business :) )

Showed him a few styles and he decided on this style with laced edges. I followed a tutorial on The Knife Network forum and the round weave instructions on Kingsmere Crafts. Finished it with Antique brown and a coat of snowproof since he said he was going to be using it outside in the winter.

It does have a welt on it (3 layers in the main part of the body, 6 layers near the top.It was not easy getting the lacing chisel through that many layers so I think from now on, sewing only with a burnished edge.

I know I probably made mistakes so if you could point any out that you see, would be appreciated.

post-44641-0-63599000-1409657425_thumb.j

post-44641-0-16366900-1409657440_thumb.j

post-44641-0-35865800-1409658020_thumb.j

Looks like you did a fine job. Nice.

Nice job

thanks guys

and Rohn, hope you don't mind but I may borrow your idea for the notepad/card holder. You did a great job on it and would be handy to have something to take notes and carry cards with when I'm out and about

Halitech,

You are welcome to use any of my posts for your own use in making leather products. I will say, however, that the leather folder I posted is a bit to wide to fit in some of my shirt pockets. I am not sure that I could have made it any smaller and fit my note book in it.

Thanks Rohn

I'm not much on wearing shirts with pockets so it will either be going in a back pocket on my jeans or in a belt bag that I usually wear so size isn't as much of a factor for me