fayemonkey

Shoe Glue For Enclosed Spaces

Good Morning all!

I have been experimenting with different glues to use in my shoemaking, which is in an enclosed space and all cemented construction.

I love how Aquilim 315 doesn't smell at all, but unfortunately, the hold is just not there the way I am doing it (not mixed with the crosslinker, and hammered for pressure-not a sole press).

I like the hold on the Renia Cologne, but the toxic smell makes me want to pass out!

Can anyone please recommend a cement for me to use?

Some of my concerns are, once dry and set, and shoes get wet, or in the freezing weather that it still holds. Seems from other forums that Leatherweld would not be good once it freezes?

Thanks so much and best regards,

Faye

**see pics where glue is coming apart at the waistpost-54573-0-32264500-1411558800_thumb.jpost-54573-0-22628200-1411558819_thumb.j

Edited by fayemonkey

How about a respirator like they use for painting or chemicals? Check Home Depot or a Safety Supply store.

I make the shoes in my house, so the smell gets around (even my son can smell it in his room). So I am really searching for another glue, or another process to make these glues stay!

Thank you!