Chief31794

Some Items Out Of The Shop This Week

Orders for Rifle Slings are picking up, I guess hunting season is kicking up some interest. Anyway, here's some of what we put out this week.

Chief

post-6362-0-86056300-1412639040_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-02462800-1412639127_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-06249500-1412639150_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-59445500-1412639170_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-55159900-1412639199_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-39877100-1412639260_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-00514300-1412639291_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-38434700-1412639304_thumb.jp

Edited by Chief31794

Great looking work

Great looking work

Thanks,

Chief

Real nice work Chief. I really like your rifle slings. Looks like they are antiqued. What finish do you use on them?

Real nice work Chief. I really like your rifle slings. Looks like they are antiqued. What finish do you use on them?

Rohn,

Thanks, they are antiqued, two are Saddle Tan and one is Light Brown. I finish just about everything with ClearLac, I started using it when it was called Neatlac and it is my goto finish. I use Aussie on some items, and Mop and Glo on the Black Items, I don't use Clearlac on black, I like the Mop and Glo look on that.

Chief

What sort of leather is that on the fourth item? Actually, the fifth too.

Love the tooling on the next-to-last photo.

Chief great work as always love the lace, and the coloring is super. I do want to ask about the USMC emblem is that craved?

What sort of leather is that on the fourth item? Actually, the fifth too.

Love the tooling on the next-to-last photo.

Thanks, the 4th item is genuine ostrich, the 3d and 5th are Embossed Cowhide (Leather). Thanks I still like the western floral type carvings but they don't sell well anymore, I actually sell more plain wallets than anything.

Chief great work as always love the lace, and the coloring is super. I do want to ask about the USMC emblem is that craved?

Papaw,

Thanks, the USMC emblem is an old, old Tandy Stamp (back when they made good stuff), I wish I could find the whole set, I have the new set they make and won't use them, the EGA is the only one of the old ones.

Chief

Thanks, the 4th item is genuine ostrich, the 3d and 5th are Embossed Cowhide (Leather). Thanks I still like the western floral type carvings but they don't sell well anymore, I actually sell more plain wallets than anything.

Ostrich! So, I am guessing its not leg ostrich, but body-ostrich? I've seen leg ostrich and that's quite different.

Ostrich! So, I am guessing its not leg ostrich, but body-ostrich? I've seen leg ostrich and that's quite different.

I think it's normal ostrich, I buy it from SLC, they sell ostrich and they sell ostrich leg.

Chief

Very nice! I really like those rifle slings. While I like the sheridan carving (in fact, it's growing on me more and more), I really like the look of the one with the Marine Core stamp.

As always, your braiding is superb

Very nice! I really like those rifle slings. While I like the sheridan carving (in fact, it's growing on me more and more), I really like the look of the one with the Marine Core stamp.

Thanks Monica,

As always, your braiding is superb

Thanks Colt,

Chief