Sign in to follow this  
Appaloosa

Consew 206Rb Arm Shaft Belt

Wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase the correct arm shaft belt for my Consew 206 RB. Having a hard time finding out which one i need. There is no listing for it in the consew manual i have for parts. :no: Thanks !

Call bob at Toledo sewing machine I bet has one or can get one.

Thank You! Will try. The one i have now is a 43" cobbed v-belt 3/8 inch width. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to find.

If your talking about the belt that goes to the motor you can try local auto parts stores or hardware stores.

I tried the Ace hardware store but their belts were not a cog V belt ..i will try an auto store this morning and give Bob a call too. Someone else mentioned to try an auto store as well so maybe i will have some luck there.

Thanks for your help!!

They don't have to be cogged type. Try to make sure you get the right width. Sometimes auto parts stores don't have narrow enough width.

Tom

I got ia 3/8 3V 43 inch cogged belt and i did find one at an auto store, but it is not exactly like the one i had... it is a little thicker but seems to work. I had to move the motor up about 1/4 inch because the tension was much tighter and now the speed on the clutch motor has really increased. I had more control with the clutch motor before i changed the belt and thinking i might need to get a servo motor. Been thinking about it for awhile and this might just push me over to getting one. That old belt has been on there for awhile. I tried a regular 3/8 in V belt and i could hardly move my arm shaft at all. The cog belt just seems to have more flexibility around the pulleys. I am not an expert by any means...

but was just trying to replace what was on there prior.

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.

There is another thread here somewhere that says leaving the belt loose lets you slow the machine by using your hand as a brake against the hand wheel. Good for going slower around corners, but I would need three hands to do that!

If you loosen the belt tension, you should be able to get back to the way it was operating. I suspect the slippage allowed slower starts too.

Tom