Texita

Tippmann Boss Report

Hallelujah!

I was about to become one of those who gave up on the Boss.

I bought mine 2nd hand. Had it running for a while but it got out of adjustment and I couldn't get it running. Double looping and jamming. I followed every youtube video out there. No luck.

I called Tippmann and Jamie spend a lot of time with me and still no luck.

I sent it in and he rebuilt it, replaced 1spring tuned it up and Shazam! It works great.

$45 for tuneup, $5 for spring

Sometimes it can be so frustrating... Glad it's working and for a decent price. I have the Tippmann Aerostitch.

Glad to hear a possitive word about the Boss. I am thinking about buying one in a few days. I am handycapped I have no feet. Hope this sticher salves the peddle issues

https://www.facebook.com/bigsmileleathersmith

Glad to hear a possitive word about the Boss. I am thinking about buying one in a few days. I am handycapped I have no feet. Hope this sticher salves the peddle issues

https://www.facebook.com/bigsmileleathersmith

The Boss will keep you mad and frustrated until you learn how to workout the little quirks and operator errors. After the learning curve it'll be a decent machine for you, at least mine is for me. I'm wheelchair bound with no use of my legs so I know your problem. But don't rule out the electric machine there are ways around that. With a servo motor it can be slowed down enough to use a hand lever instead of a foot pedal. Here's what I did to mine, no servo but I can control it fairly well.

post-47316-0-44304500-1417638210_thumb.j

Boy Troy this looks like a doable plan. Is that a lawnmower cable? Yes I have looked into speed reducers and knew this was the answer but could think of a way to hit the gas. Tell me more about this modafaction.

I don't know if it's lawnmower or tiller or what, I went to a lawn equipment place and picked out one in the parts department that fit in the palm of my hand. It is spring loaded so I can throttle the machine like you would a foot pedal. Get a strong bracket, the first one I used was springy and wasn't very controllable. Get a small yoke that fits the arm and your in business, I drilled a hole in the neck of the yoke then ran the cable up and out the side an filled it with epoxy. Make everything as stationary as possible, the less slack the better the control. I'm able to use my thumb and index finger along with my other hand to work the leather which is more than you can do with the Boss. I just slid the foot pedals and bar out and moved them out from under the machine so I could get under the arm with a wheelchair. About 20 bucks and in about 2 hours I was sewing. Good luck Troy

Many thanks Troy this is great info for me and hope you have a great holiday. I am not far from you in Terlingua TX. Ever get down this way feel free to drop in.

Have a big smile to all Ronald

Big Smile Leather Smith on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bigsmileleathersmith?ref=br_tf

Edited by bigsmile

I've likened my experiences with my Boss, on many occasions, as to a Red Headed girlfriend.

Sometimes you hate them and want to throw them out the door, but at the end of the day you always come back to work things out! :thumbsup:

I've had 2 Boss machines, and one has been sent back for replacement on several occasions because it always messes up somehow. Now, I'm down to one Boss and several other stitchers, but I don't have the heart to unbolt 'her' and give her a new home somewhere else. I keep thinking, everytime I have to work out a quirk, that I'm just going to sell it. I go to bed and sleep on it, and end up keeping it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a gluten for punishment. :rofl:

I've likened my experiences with my Boss, on many occasions, as to a Red Headed girlfriend.

Sometimes you hate them and want to throw them out the door, but at the end of the day you always come back to work things out! :thumbsup:

I've had 2 Boss machines, and one has been sent back for replacement on several occasions because it always messes up somehow. Now, I'm down to one Boss and several other stitchers, but I don't have the heart to unbolt 'her' and give her a new home somewhere else. I keep thinking, everytime I have to work out a quirk, that I'm just going to sell it. I go to bed and sleep on it, and end up keeping it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a gluten for punishment. :rofl:

Lol, yes sir! I kept my Boss even after I bought the Adler. I've got a 7 year old red headed grandaughter and at times she's a real pain in the butt, but at the end of the day I still love her. :)

many thanks RoosterShooter, I kinda feel like you about alot of things in life. An yes should of keep some of them around longer. Many thanks for the INFO and Have a big smile to all.