Has anyone ever tried to make a gun case? More specifically something for a handgun with a zipper. I am not exactly sure how to go about it. Any advice or anyone know of any tutorials? Thanks.

I'll tell you up front, . . . the hardest part is the zipper.

Lay your weapon down on a yellow manila folder, . . . so the whole thing is laying on one half of it, . . . fold the other half over it, . . . push down with your fingers to find where you can make the folder pieces meet, . . . mark and cut that, . . . straighten up the lines so it looks more like a big blunt ended teardrop, . . . cut that line, . . . you have your pattern.

Then all you gotta do is sew the zipper on. Take your time, . . . it'll work out.

I only do those for special people.

May God bless,

Dwight

Get two part zippers....that just makes life easier. When you choose your padding/lining try to go with a fabric instead of wool; it's cheaper and doesn't get caught in the zipper. I like to sew the zipper to leather straps, then the straps to the case instead of straight to the case...it makes a small gusset, which gives more space inside the case.