builderofstuff

Star Wars Yin Yang Stamp

Just finished this one a little while ago. Milled from acrylic, stamped with my harbor freight arbor press.

Chris

post-15942-0-19215400-1417657033_thumb.jpost-15942-0-19004300-1417657026_thumb.jpost-15942-0-62487900-1417657018_thumb.j

really cool. how do you find the acrylic stands up when using it for a stamp?

Not bad. I haven't stamped a lot of stuff with them yet and since I use my arbor press a lot of times I'll put a piece of 1/4" thick aluminum on top of them to distribute the pressure. But I have stamped with them without the aluminum and they didn't crack, but I'm not sure I'd want to do a lot of stamping with them without the aluminum plate.

That's really cool. I'd love to have some kind of a mill to make my own stamps.

the yin/yang looks good. And it is open to so many possibilities. For instance an Autobot/Decepticon YY would be cool. An Angle/Demon skull YY.

you get the idea - any two opposing figures. Cheers!

Chris ----------------------

I too, like your new concept for stamps. Acrilic is interesting enough all by itself,

and your ying, yang looks great !

I have to say Studio N may have a great idea for your stamps, in aposing figures,

good luck with future ideas, I think your on the right track. -------------------- Wild Bill46

You are having entirely too much fun with your mill. You should immediately ship it to me. :huh:

Sorry for the late reply folks. Been busy lately and hadn't gotten around to checking my emails.

That's really cool. I'd love to have some kind of a mill to make my own stamps.

Thanks. Mine started life as a Harbor Freight X2 mini mill. Since getting it I've made a lot of modifications to it, cnc, precision ball screws, custom made belt drive for the spindle, etc etc, but it's still basically a Harbor Freight mini mill.

the yin/yang looks good. And it is open to so many possibilities. For instance an Autobot/Decepticon YY would be cool. An Angle/Demon skull YY.

you get the idea - any two opposing figures. Cheers!

Thank you. That does sound like a cool idea. If you come across any graphics that you think would work well send em my way, I'm always looking for additional graphics to use.

Chris ----------------------

I too, like your new concept for stamps. Acrilic is interesting enough all by itself,

and your ying, yang looks great !

I have to say Studio N may have a great idea for your stamps, in aposing figures,

good luck with future ideas, I think your on the right track. -------------------- Wild Bill46

Yeah the acrylic has been a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect it to hold up as well as it has. So far so good. I do have other materials laying around that I can use as well, like delrin, but I wanted to give the acrylic a try out of curiosity. I'm trying to get some harmonica work wrapped up so I can get back to experimenting. I'm thinking about making getting back to work on some of the leather tools that I made when I first got started.

You are having entirely too much fun with your mill. You should immediately ship it to me. :huh:

That sounds like an interesting proposition, but due to amount of work it would take to disassemble, pack out of the basement, then crate to ship, I'm afraid my laziness is going to be a problem. :-)

LOL

Chris