teknojunki

Need Revolver Holster Pattern

Hi all, I haven't posted before in the forums, but I read a lot and learn a lot from this place. I am in search of a pattern for a revolver. It's a fold-over style for a S&W .38 spl 4" see attached pic. Not sure if that style of holster is in any of the books in the Leather Craft Library or not.

Any help is appreciated,

Dennis

post-45803-0-41904400-1419793779_thumb.p

You're probably going to need more information. The S/W 38 special was made in frame sizes M, I, J, K, L, and N and at least two others that I am aware of but not familiar with.

Most of what we see these days are "K" or "L" frame models, but if you had a model number that would go a LONG way in narrowing it down. Are you looking for the model 10, 65, 586 ... ?

The Model is a .38 Special CTG 4". I understand the need for an exact model, but I mostly need the construction and cutting information for this pattern as I intend to make the actual pattern myself.

Edited by teknojunki

You still have not given a complete model number. It is going to be like S&W model 10 -4" or Model 15- 4 etc. However since you are not asking for an actual pattern we don't need to know the exact model although it is stil fun to find out what model yyou are working on. If you just want instructions on drawing the pattern we can help with that. Get a manilla file folder lay the gun sights down on the midle of the file folder right on the crease center the gun gently roll it over on one side drwa the outline of the gun. now take a pencil and make a mark along the outside of the drawing of the gun about one mark every inch or so. The mark should be about 3/4" from the trigger guard and fram about 1/2" from the barrel. Now conect the marks. And adjust the outline untl you get a shape you like for the holster. Take a sharp knife cut along the shape of the holster leaving the holster ashape attacht to the rest of the file folder now fold over against the other half of the file folder draw the outline of the holster on to the other half of thefile folder, extendi lines for the fold over belt loop . To get a more visual idea of what I am saying go to the Gun holster slings sheaths forum at the top of that forum is pinned a topic How to make a cowboy holster. It is not the holster you want however it shows you exactly how to draw the pattern. Also Adams Leatherworks has a good free video tutorial on making a holster that shows how to draw your own pattern..

Edited by camano ridge

Not sure I understood your last post, but if you just want 'general' info and instruction - particularly for revolver holsters - you can download one of the classics from the library.. should show you all you need to know to get started :)

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1119-how-to-make-holsters-by-al-stohlman.aspx

+ 1 for Stohlmans How to make holsters. I met to include that in my post above. JSL beat me to it. It will show you how to draw a pattern as well as how to stitch a holster. There are a couple of patterns in the book that are similar to what you want to make and can easily be modified to fit the gun you want to make it for.

If you don't know the model of the revolver, post a picture of it one of us should be able to tell you the model. What you have given so far is S&W .38 CTG (Cartridge) 4"

Edited by camano ridge