Nessmuk1

Score! Seiko Sk-6

Hardly used, comes complete, geared down already.

Best of all, at a price my newly divorced self can afford, Guns!

Worked out a swap.

Seikosk-6_zpsaef43a2c.jpg

Well done, these are great machines... regards Steve

Will a 3/4hp servo motr power this?

Yes 3/4 servo should have loads of power for an SK-6... regards Steve

Do these machines have feed dogs? I have been looking for machine without so not to mark the bottom side. Or is it only the machines such as the Cobra series and Cowboy 3400/4500 that do not have feed dogs?

Thanks,

Ross

Do these machines have feed dogs? I have been looking for machine without so not to mark the bottom side. Or is it only the machines such as the Cobra series and Cowboy 3400/4500 that do not have feed dogs?

Thanks,

Ross

What you're looking for is a compound feed aka walking foot machine - these machines have feed dogs but will more evenly distribute the pressure on your leather to avoid leaving marks on the bottom.

Ron

Bought the 3/4 hp servo motor, love it. Have also ordered an even larger pulley, to get one stitch per second on level three. Bought some books, a few more tools, and a side of 12oz veg. tanned.

Wish i knew how to get it to do one quick stitch per each "jog".

to get automatic single stitches you'd need the stitch positioner that usually comes with servo motors attached to the handwheel.... however if you have a servo set to slow and a speed reducer fitted you shouldn't have too much trouble getting single stitches. For anyone in Australia Steve's Leather Machines/Cowboy Leather machines are now Australian distributors of Keestar and Cowboy sewing machines and have stocks of these kind of items. When you say larger pulley?? where was that going to go? to slow the machine you would want a smaller pulley on the motor.... say around 2". Call 0419 393750

I was going to mount a larger pulley on the machine, with a hand wheel on that. Shaft is metric, and couldn't find the right bushing for the pulley. I'll give up untill I'm settled and can set up my lathe.

hmmm, normally hear the pulleys come with a small hole and you have to drill them out to the size you want. might be easier to go smaller on the motor...regards Steve, Cowboy Leather Machines