Bigpaws

S&w Model 19-4 Dummy Gun

Hi all,

I've been asked to make a full-flap holster for a 6" model 19. The actual gun is not available for measurements, and all I have are N-frame Smiths.

Anyone know of a source for a 19-4 dummy gun?

Thx,

Rick

The 19-4's a K frame. A K frame blue gun'd work, just make sure to leave a little extra room for the 19's heavier under lug. Since a full flap holster generally has molded in retention that shouldn't be a problem. You'll have to fudge the 2 extra inches.

http://www.bluegunstore.com/SandWKFRAME4.aspx

A 3/8" socket extention with a 1/4" socket extension taped to the bottom closely matches the profile of the barrel and under lug. Just tape the drive ends together (and the rest of it too)and you have something that can reach down into the holster to stretch it. Or, if you've got access to wood working tools, you can profile out the "muzzle" from some dowels.

Twin Oaks, one would have to cut off the cylinder arm and locking lug to put those under the barrel. Are you thinking "N" frame? Please expand on your first sentence.

"A 3/8" socket extention with a 1/4" socket extension taped to the bottom.............."

Just as I wrote, though I can see where it could get confused. I didn't intend that anything should be taped to the revolver.

First, the 3/8" socket extension with the 1/4" socket extension taped to it.
post-5374-0-51824600-1424009273_thumb.jp

Now, an end view in comparison to a GP100 blue gun. It's fairly close, but I haven't put the calipers to it. I understand that the gp100 and the 19 are NOT the same, but this is close enough to start stretching out the leather at the muzzle...when the blue gun isn't long enough. *This presumes a closed muzzle holster, otherwise the OP could just shove the muzzle into the holster from the bottom.*

post-5374-0-29193600-1424009893_thumb.jp

I guess I should have said shrouded ejector rod rather than under lug.

The 19-4 doesn't have a full barrel under lug but it does have a shrouded ejector rod like this 4" m66.

betsy_zpse40eb12e.jpg

The K frame Blue Gun does not have a shrouded ejector rod. Like a m10 or m64.

-item-32098-blue-gun-fsk-sw-k-frame-4-13

But the l-frame does

okay.....then use JUST the 3/8ths extension :D

I would have sworn that my 19-8 had a full lug, too. (I looked it up, it didn't)

I'm still wishing I hadn't sold it.

Bigpaws, just talked to Scott at Duncans Outdoor http://duncansoutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Dummy-Gun-Inventory-2015-02-04.pdf He sold his last model 19 yesterday but has some comming from the foundry next week. If your interested give him a call and he will put you on the list.

Edited by camano ridge